Splashdown - Sunday April 9th Late Afternoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFLDiver:
Regardless of the "white-out" conditions on I-95 experienced by some just driving to the boat ... We Made It! 1-2 ft seas, 50 ft vis on both the wreck and reef dives. Even the shortest rainbow on the ride out (I've never seen one that low to the horizon.)

First time in a long time with the camera rig out, so it was back to square one on learning bad habits, but I did manage a few worthy shots.

No-see-ums were nipping everyone back at the docks,
but the sunset was quite a sight.

Did you notice there is a hook in the morays mouth? Why didn't you remove it is what I would like to know:D :D :D

Those bugs were awful

Missdirected:
Did you notice there is a hook in the morays mouth? Why didn't you remove it is what I would like to know:D :D :D

Well darnit, if I cant see the nurse shark six inches from me, I cant quite make out the hook in the moray's mouth either. I didnt see the hook until I examined the photos. I -was- trying to get a shot of a big spotted drum when the moray sticks his head up and demanded a few close-ups.

The hawksbill shot was a push. Totally underexposed.
Like I said, not having the camera in my hands in a looong time makes ye re-learn all the mistakes over again. Minimize distance twixt subject and lens ... group shots require gin clear water .... and my camera rig hates anything below 70 ft. :( I didnt get a single shot on the wreck. Flip camera on ... power-on sequence goes fine .... then camera blinks out. Nada. We're suspecting some sort of squeeze. I need to post it to the Oly forum.

El riggo goes in to Ikelite after Ginnie Springs trip for annual service.

SFLDiver:
Well darnit, if I cant see the nurse shark six inches from me, I cant quite make out the hook in the moray's mouth either. I didnt see the hook until I examined the photos. I -was- trying to get a shot of a big spotted drum when the moray sticks his head up and demanded a few close-ups.

The hawksbill shot was a push. Totally underexposed.
Like I said, not having the camera in my hands in a looong time makes ye re-learn all the mistakes over again. Minimize distance twixt subject and lens ... group shots require gin clear water .... and my camera rig hates anything below 70 ft. :( I didnt get a single shot on the wreck. Flip camera on ... power-on sequence goes fine .... then camera blinks out. Nada. We're suspecting some sort of squeeze. I need to post it to the Oly forum.

El riggo goes in to Ikelite after Ginnie Springs trip for annual service.

Your shots look GREAT!. After getting wet again I cant take a shot for shucks!!:banghead: I was doing better without the additional strobe and WAL!!!!:06:

Practice , practice.......

Thanks for setting up the trip Howard. It was a blast - Boynton (and the Castor) will now be in my rotation... That's an awesome wreck...

Thanks Kevin for a great time out on the water and the last minute repair job....!

-Tim

Kudos always to the trip-maker; this time, Howarde and Miss Michelle.......and to Kevin and Lynn for taking us out after one heck of a wild weather day. The luck of the draw was with us, and the weather cleared up quite nicely to make for a great evening on the water.

I hadn't been on the Castor in a very long time, and it was like diving it for the first time. I love catching little glimpses of those Jewfish everywhere you turn...it's a little like playing hide and seek. Next time, a little more internal exploration as I get used to carrying that darn pony...man, what a pita!

And, finally, the life is returning to the reefs...we saw giant stingrays, multiple turtles and morays, and that great shark! Thanks to Bill for humoring me as I pointed everything out so excitedly...it's been ages since I saw a reef so alive since the hurricanes......

So good to get out with a Scubaboard crowd; what's the next dive plan? :D

SFLDiver:
Regardless of the "white-out" conditions on I-95 experienced by some just driving to the boat ... We Made It! 1-2 ft seas, 50 ft vis on both the wreck and reef dives. Even the shortest rainbow on the ride out (I've never seen one that low to the horizon.)

First time in a long time with the camera rig out, so it was back to square one on learning bad habits, but I did manage a few worthy shots.

No-see-ums were nipping everyone back at the docks,
but the sunset was quite a sight.

That is a definite change from Saturday. I dove WPB, and we definitely had 4-6 ft seas. The vis was great, though. Top to bottom in 90' of water.

Glad to hear you all had a great dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom