Splashdown - Sunday April 9th Late Afternoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We can drive you THERE... it's just the BACK part we can't do... since we're staying up there.

Just got back from a sampler. I call. I just cant take a hammer on the back.

It doesn't look that bad... Today wasn't as choppy as yesterday. It's also supposed to lay down tomorrow.

Besides... I don't get sea sick...

Ryan,

If Howard can get you there on the way, I'm sure it won't be a problem for me to drop you off, unless a social dinner should erupt, but then I'd think everyone is invited. I'll make room in the truck for another body, and gear...

Today I went out w/ Lady Go Diver, it was a little snotty. The winds were SUPPOSED to lay down for the afternoon, but they didn't. Tomorrow PM should be good.
Students on the AM charter (some kids) were hurling left and right. A few folks had some sea-sickness issues on the PM charter w/ me. But I was fine - a little challenging getting onto the boat in 6' seas, but do-able.

-Tim

Tomorrow's Forecast.

Southwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Winds and seas higher near numerous showers

I'm sure the boat will go.

Regardless of the "white-out" conditions on I-95 experienced by some just driving to the boat ... We Made It! 1-2 ft seas, 50 ft vis on both the wreck and reef dives. Even the shortest rainbow on the ride out (I've never seen one that low to the horizon.)

First time in a long time with the camera rig out, so it was back to square one on learning bad habits, but I did manage a few worthy shots.

No-see-ums were nipping everyone back at the docks,
but the sunset was quite a sight.

Yeah... It was a lot of fun... I'll try to get some video up tomorrow... I think I got a lot of the group.

Those pictures look great. The hawksbill came out good. I love those trunkfish too... They're like little alien ships.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom