Question Spirit Catheters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody use Spirit Catheters for a P valve? It was $1.19 / one as opposed to the $1.73 / Rochester. Saved ~ $15 on a 30 pack.

At 1st glance they look a little more flimsy than the Rochester, I'm on the fence about sending them back. It sucks everything is going up in price.

I know that sounds like I'm cheap.... it's true:)

I believe Bard owns Rochester now, Idk... just asking for peoples experiences. Thanks all!

I use them. Never had an issue that wasent related to me doing something dumb

Do they maybe kink easier than Rochester? I have to cut the tip off of Rochester so they don't do that, before I insert the barb.

I have used them prefer the Rochester and I cut the tip short enough to have the barb scary close!

I have used them prefer the Rochester and I cut the tip short enough to have the barb scary close!
That's exactly what I do... just make sure you cut it before install:rofl3:

What do you like better about Rochester? At first glance, I think Rochester look / feel more heavy duty.

That's exactly what I do... just make sure you cut it before install:rofl3:

What do you like better about Rochester? At first glance, I think Rochester look / feel more heavy duty.
I don’t remember beyond the glue aspect, which reminds me, I need to trim :oops:! I still carry a spirit in one of my bags as a back up, I think I also liked the plastic shape retainer. Trim the tip before you put it on, scared?

You can push the surplus up the barb easily enough so you don't need to cut it.

Keep the hose long so it goes over the waistband of your underpants = no kinking.

The main thing with catheters is making sure that they're placed far enough on "the old chap" and you roll the whole glued area down. With really cold conditions "the old chap" will do its tortoise impressions. It's well worth trimming the forest lest pain ensues.

You can push the surplus up the barb easily enough so you don't need to cut it.

Keep the hose long so it goes over the waistband of your underpants = no kinking.

The main thing with catheters is making sure that they're placed far enough on "the old chap" and you roll the whole glued area down. With really cold conditions "the old chap" will do its tortoise impressions. It's well worth trimming the forest lest pain ensues.
I cut the end so that piece doesn’t kink, it’s happened and the back pressure can lead to unscheduled laundry chores.

I cut the end so that piece doesn’t kink, it’s happened and the back pressure can lead to unscheduled laundry chores.
I used to and then found that it's easy enough to push more onto the barb, thus doing the same as cutting it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom