Question Spirit Catheters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are Conveens popular in the US?

The Rochesters (now Bard) are kind of heavy duty and stick very well.
Conveens are in a smaller package and are made out of a different silicone material than the Rochesters. They have a "helper" tag to help roll them down the old chap. Whilst they're lighter, I've grown to trust them as much as Rochesters. Conveens seem to come off a little less painfully than the Rochesters.

I've used mainly Rochesters for several hundred dives and the Conveens for circa 50 dives. Have never had a leak from them.

For both I use a barbed quick disconnect which is a valve on the pee valve pipe. This means only the urine in the 'teat' and plastic barb could spill. In reality I go to the back of the boat and pull the "teat" off the barb and shake both ends overboard. I'll then take several mouthfuls of water and blow through the pee valve hose so it flushes through with water and then air. Repeat several times

I couldn't give a monkeys cuss what the other people on the boat think.
I haven't heard of Conveens.

Rochester have been great, and I'm sure Spirit are fine, but not for diving (at least for me anyway).

I pretty much do the same to the p valve when done... I tried a squeegee bottle but it broke, now I just blow through it:)

This link shows them. Surprised it's a UK link.

Last lot I bought was off of eBay. Considerably cheaper than the Rochesters.

This link shows them. Surprised it's a UK link.

Last lot I bought was off of eBay. Considerably cheaper than the Rochesters.

Yeah, the Spirit were $35 / 30, the Conveen are ~ $47 / 30, and the Rochester were $52 / 30. I got another box of Rochester on the way because I don't want to drag my feet and then be willing to have paid $50 for just ONE on the next dive, lol.

I'll keep my eye out.

The Rochesters are difficult to obtain in the UK except through a couple of dive shops... expensive. At least the Conveens are available on the open market and cheaper.

The Rochesters are difficult to obtain in the UK except through a couple of dive shops... expensive. At least the Conveens are available on the open market and cheaper.

I really shouldn't be complaining over pennies. I really like the Rochester I just wish they were less expensive.

I keep looking for deals on 100 pak, can't seem to find anything worth while..

I'm selling Wide Bands for $0.60 in the classifieds
But if you're paying $1.19 for catheters, I'll sell some to you for only $0.90 each

But if you're paying $1.19 for catheters, I'll sell some to you for only $0.90 each
Nice price. Wonder if it's possible to get them sent to the UK?

Nice price. Wonder if it's possible to get them sent to the UK?
Of course, if you're willing to pay the shipping costs. I am heading to London in a week of so if you want to meet me downtown at the Waldorf Hilton.

Thank you for the offer. Where do you purchase your catheters from?

Thank you for the offer. Where do you purchase your catheters from?

If I recall, I bought them from Lighthouse for the Blind

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom