Semi dry suit male catheter hosed to the fish zone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnySask

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I was going to go down the road of a P valve and install it in the semi dry and I still may, but since the timing didn’t work all I did was install the external male catheter self adhesive made by spirit (this is not an advertisement), And I took the hose from a catheter bag that was roughly 3 feet ran it down my leg with a little bit of wiggle room in an out the bottom of my suit past the leg seal of course, I stuck about an inch out and when I put my rock boots on I placed the hose in the web of the boot with a zipper was and then zipped over top of it.

Used it a couple times in my dive typically when I was up in the water near surface standing and adjusting equipment before going back down. It worked awesomely , catheter is snug so careful on the sizing.🤔😣 it would be bad to restrict the “ports”, yours or a by a bad bend in the tube for obvious reasons of discomfort but I’m sure there’s some medical reasons as well. Happy to hear any insight. I’m just getting back into the game in Canada, which direction to get into tech/recovery work maybe Rescue at my age 55 if they don’t find your handsome in better find your handy and I would love to be able to be handy and in water. It was a Hollis Neotec V2 seven mil, Now I’ve been also pushed without resistance into a ”Waterproof“ dry suit, For more extreme temperatures but I’m looking forward to as a crazy Canuck. But the semi dry with the catheter I’m quite good with that for non dry suit dives…
I have sent a question to Hollis if they recommend any specific low profile P valve that could be installed for what it’s worth….

Here's an interesting idea: P-Valve on wetsuit?

I live in Canada as well, and just bought a semi-dry wetsuit, looking for options to avoid polluting the suit.

Back
Top Bottom