P-Valve on wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nes999

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am curious as to why you would want/need a P-Valve on a wetsuit. Couldnt you just "go"?

When i was reading about wetsuits some websites talked about pvalves on both wet and dry suits.

Some people do it so thy don't have to pee in their wetsuit, thus eliminating any odor. All day in a wetsuit and it can start to smell after going 2 or 3 times.

Peeing in my suit give me crotch rot (uncomfortable rash). You don’t need the valve. I use a condom catheter with a short piece of tubing through a hole that is a little smaller than the tube and a channel glued onto the suit. Photos show the modification and finished product.

Attachments

• Wetsuit P-Pipe1.jpg
    Wetsuit P-Pipe1.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 922
  • Wetsuit P-Pipe2.jpg
    Wetsuit P-Pipe2.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 765
  • Wetsuit P-Pipe3.jpg
    Wetsuit P-Pipe3.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 713
Ya that would be the way to go, the valve and tube would get pretty uncomfortable pressed that tight to you leg

Hey, this is a great start!

I have no issue whizzing in the suit but when we go for a 2 hour dive or a pair of dives things do get ripe, the van reeks for the trip home and if we go someplace on the way you always wonder if you rinsed well enough. Since getting the catheters for use with my drysuit I have been experimenting with my wetsuit. A length of tubing that exits right below a leg cuff works great but it does create a seal breach that admits water and the length of tubing also creates a channel for cold water to move through. It's been OK for shallow summer fresh water dives but it was a definite detractor in tonight's ocean dives. hence my search for this thread.

I need to noodle on this some before I mess with a suit but I'm looking for something with a little more pizazz than what I'm seeing here. Does anyone else have something clever going on?

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom