Speedos and Real Men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus:
I'd also like to point out I've been on dive boats where certain individuals went commando under their wetsuit, and made no effort to conceal the change. They just did it right there on the fantail.

I don't care where you come from, that was a little too much exposure for me.

Compared to that, anything is better.

Whoa... There's a lot to be said for the virtue of modesty sometimes, huh? Sheesh....

captain:
I am 62 years old and my wife is always on my case about the shorts I wear. I hate shorts that reach to the knees and I am alway looking for shorts with a 5 or 6 inch inseam, hard to find thes days as most are 9 or 10 inches. In my younger days in the 70's and 80's Speedos were all my buddy and I ever wore. As has been said it is a lot more comfortable in a wet suit with the Speedo. Now if the wife isn't coming along with me I sneak my Speedo in my gear. Too old to worry about what other people think.

If you don't mind green I would check an Army Navy surplus or any place that sells Marine Corps PT Gear. Our PT shorts are still cut high to allow a good stretch without being so high that stuff falls out. For that matter I would check any place with running gear. Runners shorts tend to be smaller/shorter. I personally subscribe to the rule that no man's shorts shall be more than 4inches above the knee. But when it comes to diving comfort in the water reigns supreme.

jeckyll:
I believe the term 'speedo' has been replaced with 'plum-smugglers'.

Just an fyi.

No no no, it's "banana hammock".

Kriterian:
No no no, it's "banana hammock".

I think men should wear more banana hammocks, bird smugglers or whatever! :11: First off, welcome to the world of bikinis.:pinkandlo Secondly, if there's a good looking guy on the boat in a speedo, I will check him out. If the man wearign one, however, is a muffin top, it will give me plenty of time to laugh.:mooner:

Fish_Whisperer:
I wear Speedos, but keep a pair of regular shorts over them, and I keep myself in reasonable shape, too. :D

ok why bother? wearing either? why not wear either the speedos or the regular shorts...or is it that you wear the speedos under your wet suit..and then the regular shorts when you come out of your wet suit? and yes you do...........

*smile*

ZenDiva:
ok why bother? wearing either? why not wear either the speedos or the regular shorts...or is it that you wear the speedos under your wet suit..and then the regular shorts when you come out of your wet suit? and yes you do...........

*smile*

I wear the regular shorts over the Speedos, just to keep from being "that guy," on the boat. I shuck the regular shorts when I'm suiting up, and when I get back out and dry off, then I put them back on over the Speedos. :)

I wear bike-short style, which also happen to be speedo brand. Am I offending my fellow divers or not? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom