Speedos and Real Men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving with Larry and I can guarantee that he couldn't care less what other people think about his bulges...er, I mean budgies.

almitywife:
to be honest - i dont know how guys wear anything other than speedos with a wetsuit.... dont you guys get bunching issues iwth shorts?

Real men don't wear anything under wetsuits (unless it is a rental).

almitywife:
to be honest - i dont know how guys wear anything other than speedos with a wetsuit.... dont you guys get bunching issues iwth shorts?

You could make the same argument about boxer shorts (well, almost). But we though it out. After all, it's better to look good than to feel good.

BAH! Just go naked under your wetsuit (your wetsuit, not a rental). It's way more comfortable. The down side is that I find it tends to make my grapes/plumbs/dangling cherries itch a bit afterward.

Real men aren't afraid of speedos but some shouldn't wear them out of courtesy.

i just wear a bathing suit under my wetsuit..... i havent had a problem with comfort yet...either that or just wear the wet suit (go commando) w/e.. i do agree that some men should do us all a favor and keep there legs out of the spandex shorts. but hey Boxxer breifs cover more than speedo's

As long as the change is made quickly and discreetly, I don't really have a problem with it.

Someone parading around in spandex or speedo's, changing or setting up their gear, on the other hand, is a little too much.

I am 62 years old and my wife is always on my case about the shorts I wear. I hate shorts that reach to the knees and I am alway looking for shorts with a 5 or 6 inch inseam, hard to find thes days as most are 9 or 10 inches. In my younger days in the 70's and 80's Speedos were all my buddy and I ever wore. As has been said it is a lot more comfortable in a wet suit with the Speedo. Now if the wife isn't coming along with me I sneak my Speedo in my gear. Too old to worry about what other people think.

I'd also like to point out I've been on dive boats where certain individuals went commando under their wetsuit, and made no effort to conceal the change. They just did it right there on the fantail.

I don't care where you come from, that was a little too much exposure for me.

Compared to that, anything is better.

captain:
I am 62 years old and my wife is always on my case about the shorts I wear. I hate shorts that reach to the knees and I am alway looking for shorts with a 5 or 6 inch inseam, hard to find thes days as most are 9 or 10 inches. In my younger days in the 70's and 80's Speedos were all my buddy and I ever wore. As has been said it is a lot more comfortable in a wet suit with the Speedo. Now if the wife isn't coming along with me I sneak my Speedo in my gear. Too old to worry about what other people think.

Right on!! I hate, HATE, HATE!!!! the new "swimsuits." I can't find what was previously known as "navy-cut trunks." Actually, I did find a few pairs from Uzzi, before they went out of business, but even those, I'm having to stuff into my wetsuit... I finally broke down and bought a pair of Speedo shorts. I'm on the boat to dive, not be a fashion plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom