Spares Kit what do you carry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dusty123

Contributor
Reaction score
So Im trying to organize things a bit got alot of spare o-rings, lubes for the toy and other stuff, some basic tools, zip ties, spare mouth pieces, some plugs for regulators. Got it all in a Stanley case.

For me it all depends on if I’m diving locally or traveling. If I’m diving locally, all I really have with me is basic tools and batteries, maybe a spare cell. The rebreather gets built the night before and I do a quick +/- test before I load up my car. If I’m traveling, I take a little bit more to include an o ring kit, spare cell, batteries, lube, hand tools.

This is also because locally where I dive, most of my buddies are on the same unit and there are plenty of spares kicking around the boat between all of us to fix most minor issues.

D238D053-02E3-4787-9AC7-ABE441552D98.jpeg

Duct Tape.
Cave line.

I give the unit a once over in the morning after assembly. +/- tests before it goes in the jeep. 5min prebreathe on site.

If I need more than those two above items I hit up a hardware store. Should be able to get er going with whatever I find in the store.

I dive a kiss sidekick with 2 fischer cables and 4 isolated cells. Monitoring issues are not an issue with redundant cells and fischer cables.

I've been told I'm fastidious with my gear

so no spares

missed a few dives because I wasn't feeling it
because there were others divers in the water

Spools for pressure gauges. I've changed enough of those (strangely on the instructors rig most of the time) that I keep more than one.
Batteries.
Longish regulator hose with a BC quick disconnect adaptor in the end with a 90° swivel. Sort of a one hose can be used to fix most any low pressure issue.

That's what I remember using in the past several weeks. If not on my stuff, on people I am diving with. Even if my stuff is perfect, not everybody else's is. Hard to be a team if one has to stay on the boat.

There is a lot more in there in both parts and tools.

An old mask box is a separate kit just for the drysuit. Spare gloves, liners, seals, and seal tool. Innertube repair patch as well. That can be separated out if diving wet. And I don't have sharp tools beating up the spare seals as if they were mixed.

In addition to the OC spares that everyone needs, this is my list...

Mouthpiece (2 because this is the single most likely failure)
Full o-ring replacement kit
Spare O2 sensor
Spare batteries (complete set)
Spare O2 clean first stage

I’ve looked at other parts but it kind of spirals out of control past that point. I’m not servicing regs on a dive boat. Basically all of the items I’ve listed above are effectively consumables.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom