SP G250 jam nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uv , here are your pics.
Not so good news for "one size, one style"
The G260 spindle is longer than the G250.
The G260 jam nut is taller than the G250.

Thanks for the pix and measurements Rob. I don't think this is necessarily bad news.

Backing off the hose to the point where it no longer binds on the long G260 spindle, yields a required minimum nut height of 0.419".

I think if a hex nut like the one you posted earlier was manufactured with a height of around 0.420 should work with darn near any combination. Besides, most of us who would be interested in the aftermarket nut would sooner or later be replacing the SP hoses with a standard fitting hose. Adding a few thousands of an inch hedges the bet.

Besides, most of us who would be interested in the aftermarket nut would sooner or later be replacing the SP hoses with a standard fitting hose. Adding a few thousands of an inch hedges the bet.

THIS

Yes, something like this should do nicely if made to approximately 0.425 inches long. If eliminating the center groove keeps production cost down, leave it out.

img_20180405_175151-jpg.453892.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any tips you can share ? Do's and Don'ts. I expect I will have to disassemble everything into its component parts. Are there any parts which I should avoid rechroming?

Care must be taken anywhere threads are a concern. I had to borrow a die from a machinist at work to clean the threads on the air barrel of one of my 109s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom