SP G250 jam nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ones you were selling (or sold) looked excellent why would you want more?
Because the ones I had were at a level of perfection that the factory never produced.....Unobtanium is what guys like buddhasummer likes.

@OWIC647, Wow! I knew Monel was more expensive, but that much more expensive …

Last edited:
The ones you were selling (or sold) looked excellent why would you want more?

I took the comment as being glad in the sense of not being tempted to spend more … not wanting more

@OWIC647, Wow! I knew Monel was more expensive, but that much more expensive …
PVD and Ceramic is what's happening. PVD has been used for a long time and ceramic is close on it's heels. We worked with both coatings on the Kraken and PVD works just fine but the ceramic coating showed so much promise...Even tolerances are the issue now but once that's worked out I'm in. I have experimented at great length with the corrosion and wear resistance and its superb. Chrome plating costs me a fortune and drives up the cost of the regulator. If you do your plating overseas where there is no EPA then chrome plating is dirt cheap but the quality control is virtually non existent. One part may be .5mil and the others 1mil. It's all over the board. There are several that do an amazing job of plating overseas though.

@couv , here are your pics.
Not so good news for "one size, one style"
The G260 spindle is longer than the G250.
The G260 jam nut is taller than the G250.
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

The SP hose won't fit on the G260 (longest) spindle with the smallest jam nut without binding.
IMG_20180406_195537376.jpg

Backing off the hose to the point where it no longer binds on the long G260 spindle, yields a required minimum nut height of 0.419".
IMG_20180406_195711824.jpg

PVD and Ceramic is what's happening. PVD has been used for a long time and ceramic is close on it's heels. We worked with both coatings on the Kraken and PVD works just fine but the ceramic coating showed so much promise...Even tolerances are the issue now but once that's worked out I'm in. I have experimented at great length with the corrosion and wear resistance and its superb. Chrome plating costs me a fortune and drives up the cost of the regulator. If you do your plating overseas where there is no EPA then chrome plating is dirt cheap but the quality control is virtually non existent. One part may be .5mil and the others 1mil. It's all over the board. There are several that do an amazing job of plating overseas though.

I just bought a Glock 19X, it has a Coyote Brown PVD coating on the metal parts and black in the internals. It is supposed to be harder than the nitride finish that preceeded it.

Apparently, it is considered a form of diamond-like carbon and very, very hard.

Also appears to now be able to be made in many different colors. This opens doors to all kinds of possibilities as the process becomes widespread.

@couv , here are your pics.
Not so good news for "one size, one style"
The G260 spindle is longer than the G250.
The G260 jam nut is taller than the G250.
View attachment 454021
The SP hose won't fit on the G260 (longest) spindle with the smallest jam nut without binding.
View attachment 454024
Backing off the hose to the point where it no longer binds on the long G260 spindle, yields a required minimum nut height of 0.419".
View attachment 454025

Ha! The 260 has a groove for an extra O-Ring between the splined nut and the hose nut.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom