Question SP G250/109/BA Orifice variations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mobulai

Coder Monkey, Dreamer of Transhumanistic Machines
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been disassembling a few cruddy g250/G250v, 109, BA (150), and R190 that I got on lots; on each of these models (except the 250v) I have found both metal and plastic orifices
All the metal ones seem to need dressing (if not even dead)

I also have ordered a couple reproduction metal orifaces, and waiting for a couple metal/plastic original new SP ones (haven't arrived yet so no pictures)

I found some variation in height of the orifice that threw me off a bit, they seem that they are not fully relevant to engaging the lever mechanism but I can't be sure
Also the R190 plastic ones seemd a bit "fatter" - but that could be just optical trick since the thread are dirty on the other plastic one

I didn't measure IDs (no good way of doing that on both sides inlet/volcano) but they kinda seem all the same, the OD also (even tho when I tried pushing a plastic R190 oriface a g250 it seemed to suffer some constriction -- probably the oring was the cause)

Question: Are they interchangable? Would the different cone designs have impact? maybe on lever hight? probably not...
refined question: Are they interchangable with the barrels? maybe I am missing something about barrel ID between these different models (not r190 ofc)

EDIT: when I scanned through the schematics earlier, they all had either 11.500.109 or 11.109.109 part number (some with P for nonmagnetic), even the g260 (I haven't opened mine yet tho); which suggests they are all the "same original" 109 orifice, but I don't trust that
too bad there is no "servic kit table" like for Orings and yearly parts

here are some pictures of the main variants that I have so far (I skipped on "duplicates"):
LtoR: new reproduction, R190, BA(150), R190 plastic, g250 plastic

IMG_2407.jpg

Just the metal ones form the picture above
IMG_2408.jpg

G250v (left, verrrrry cruddy ๐Ÿคฎ ) vs R190 Metal (right)
IMG_2410.jpg

Yes, interchangeable. Lever height depends on how much screwed in/out. Xxx.500.109 is the plastic one. Beware 3rd party, I've experimented with them with varying levels of success, mostly unsuccessful I no longer bother with 3rd party. YMMV.

3rd from the left looks odd๐Ÿค”
Thatโ€™s the one I pulled out of a 109/BA, also the shape of the cone (straight between threads and cone) is what really threw me off and made me start questioning things

But the g250v (last pic) also looks similar

Beware 3rd party, I've experimented with them with varying levels of success, mostly unsuccessful I no longer bother with 3rd party.
I got these from scubamuseum โ€” I believe they are left over from VDH when they took over so I was like why not try out

Ah well, Iโ€™ll leave them as a last resort kinda option
The 3rd party ones I had issues with were from VDH.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom