SP all metal DIN parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why don't you post some photos of the DIN retainers you have, it will be easier to discuss it. The MK5 uses a 015 o-ring to seal (like the MK2), not the 011 at the end of the retainer. The universal retainer has the groove for both the 015 and the 011 and the end.

MK5 10 DIN.jpg
MK20 DIN1.jpg

MK5, MK10, Universal

Attachments

• SCUBAPRO DIN Adaptors.pdf
    129.8 KB · Views: 44
Thanks for the pictures. I got busy and forgot to take some myself.

I have one that looks like the Mk5 DIN. This one does not seem to seal on the Mk20 as the oring barely reaches the body once screwed in.

The Mk15 DIN I have looks like the Mk10 one above.

Here are my DIN parts.

This one came on a Mk15. Has a o-ring to keep the wheel on and has the o-ring at the end to seal.
image.jpeg

This one I just picked up somewhere along the way. Has a c-clip to keep the wheel on and I guess is supposed to seal with an oring on the side.
image.jpeg

The first one will work in your MK20. That sloped shoulder on the outbound side of the threads is, I believe what they removed with the universal retainer in the MK20 recall. I think that shoulder, when torqued excessively, was putting some pressure on the MK20 body and that's what caused the few spectacular splits. Anyhow, the newer retainer has a flat shoulder.

Measure the length of the 2nd retainer, I bet it's a few mm longer than the first. If so, it's for a MK5. Those are hard to find and someone might pay some real money for it.

I've heard that there are DIN retainers for older MK2 and maybe MK200 that look like that one, but I'm not familiar with them. Maybe DA aquamaster would know more about it, he usually does!

The Mk15 DIN does work on the Mk20.

The Mk5 DIN does not work. The oring ends up just at the edge of the body, so it isn't in deep enough to seal. There is one in the eBay sales history that went for $35. I don't know if I would consider that "real money" though :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom