Snorkel - anyone still wear theirs diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what's next for me - a snorkel burning party?

Right - no one has convinced me that I "need" it. I have done the surface swims, sat waiting on the boat in 4 ft swell. Tried the snorkel, only to spit it out.

Best of all was during my OW cert. The task was to use my buddies octo and surface. Long story short, I put my snorkel in my mouth instead. Sea water is a poor substitute for air!!!

For sale, one most magnificent snorkel. Blue, purge valve, flexible end. OBO.

Andrew

A snarkle? Man I know i'm close with this ... :D

I think a snorkel is that thing that is in the bottom of my dive box. It has only been used on OW cert classes and once, well, snorkeling. Nope don't wear one. It would violate the rule of "always look cool when diving. "

Yes, I am reborn.

Rough surface conditions, trying to dive for the boat bouy.

on my Eclipse harness webbing, it even makes it easier to get in and out of in the water by making it held open for my arm.

DSC_0165-2.jpg

I have not worn my snorkel since finishing my OW dives - except while snorkeling. The type of diving I do does not dictate having it. If I had long surface swims, I would carry a foldable one in a pocket.

I haven't worn a snorkel since about dive 10. I do sometimes carry it, but not attached to my mask. If I expect a long surface wait, or the possibility of snorkelling over shallow reefs while others are getting back on the boat, I'll attach it to my BC, it's out of the way and easy to get at if I need it.

Andrew Richardson:
So what's next for me - a snorkel burning party?

I'll pass, the smell of burning plastic does not go over well.

I had to laugh on the day that I stopped carrying mine. An experienced diver that I was diving with commented on that I was still using it. I said that I was in no rush to leave it behind. That very dive, I managed to lose half of it and well, I have not replaced it yet.

frankc420:
What is a snorkel?

I think it's a kind of laugh. So ya, I guess I snorkel all the time even out of water. I snorkel at comedies and when funny things happen. Hmmm, I like snorkeling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom