Snorkel - anyone still wear theirs diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
Wow, I think this is the first time I have seen this question get so far w/o someone essentially saying they were too cool for one :yelclap:
Rig hasn't posted yet :wink:

I'm a newbie but I always have mine. I have used it several times for surface swims. On a couple of occasions I have used it both on the way out on a shore dive and the way back.

Diver Dennis:
It makes it difficult to wear your mask on your forehead.
Always a plus. I wear mine all the time on every dive and don't even know it's there. I would feel naked without it.

I wear mine always, mostly out of habit, and it doesn't bother me at all, besides if I didn't have it I might need it.

Missdirected:
When conditions call for it. Makes it a tad easier on long surface swims, especially if there is a bit of chop. I am constantly diving in different conditions. So I always have my snorkel. Granted for most conditions, I leave it in the bag. However, sometimes, I think it makes things easier. So yes I do use it, and am not ashamed to say so :winky:

Wow, I think this is the first time I have seen this question get so far w/o someone essentially saying they were too cool for one :yelclap:
Ok how about, I'm too cool not to wear one.:D

LindaBluedolphin:
I wear mine always, mostly out of habit, and it doesn't bother me at all, besides if I didn't have it I might need it.

Murphy :wink:

dlndavid:
not exactly true,
and there have been several occasions I'm glad I had mine, just remember to switch to your reg before descending :)

Ah yes David, you have the corrugated hose by the mouthpiece...

I don't anymore but I think you should if you like them.

ED928:
The Only Time I Use It Is Shore Diving Where A Long Surface Swim Is Needed; Any Other Time It Just Seems To Get In The Way.

When I first took my snorkel off my mask, I was keeping a foldable one in my pocket for long surface swims. A few dives later I realized that I never needed or wanted it for such swims out. I keep one now only for snorkeling. I just can't come up with a situation for which I'd need it (i.e. either I'm fine without it, or would be much better served with a reg in my mouth).

Back
Top Bottom