Smart ***** Sherwood rep basically calls me an idiot after product purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I guess it really just ticked me off. For one, most of us diver's spend alot of time and BIG MONEY in this sport. So when I hear a rep. from a manufacturer doing something like that it just eats me up.

dmdoss:
Well I guess it really just ticked me off. For one, most of us diver's spend alot of time and BIG MONEY in this sport. So when I hear a rep. from a manufacturer doing something like that it just eats me up.

Very true. Sadly, it is common in many places. I'm actually surprised some of the members here were a bit rude IMHO. That is the same mentality the rep displayed, though he did not mean for his to be made public. Still though, I think, it shows how he feels about his customer's (the actual rep I mean).

For everyone’s information , We sent a PM to the customer early this morning and have talk to the CSR staff and to Diveus.com/ Aqua Tech , We just have chosen to keep it all private, Sherwood SCUBA has nothing but the utmost intentions to provide the best customer service to the scuba community .

The desire to have all the paperwork that accompanies a item of purchase from a manufacturer should not be a decision made by the seller, rather by the purchaser. I would find it hard to believe Sherwood doesnt include some sort of documentation with their equipment, how else would they be able to defend a warranty claim if they didnt spell it out for the purchaser to understand what is and isnt covered. From reading the OP post, this is what he was asking for and wanted to share the experience he got from the request.

Its admirable that the CSR and Sherwood would respond here on Scubaboard and take the risk of being ripped apart for the mistake by the same jokers that poked fun at the OP request.

I am not trying to make anyone mad, This is just my view.
Authorized Sherwood dealers DO NOT sell regulators through mail order.
Anyway that person needs fired but you can`t blame Sherwood for what 1 person does. I would want to find out who it was and report them to sherwood. but I see that sherwood is taking care of it. I am really in awww that Everyone is "Oh dont buy sherwood" Because of what one person said? I mean Come on, How old are you people.

SeaLevelScuba:
The desire to have all the paperwork that accompanies a item of purchase from a manufacturer should not be a decision made by the seller, rather by the purchaser. I would find it hard to believe Sherwood doesnt include some sort of documentation with their equipment, how else would they be able to defend a warranty claim if they didnt spell it out for the purchaser to understand what is and isnt covered. From reading the OP post, this is what he was asking for and wanted to share the experience he got from the request.

Its admirable that the CSR and Sherwood would respond here on Scubaboard and take the risk of being ripped apart for the mistake by the same jokers that poked fun at the OP request.

I Only dive Sherwood and every piece Of my Gear came with paperwork. but I buy from a Dealer in person.

Diver-Sixx:
Authorized Sherwood dealers DO NOT sell regulators through mail order.

Sure they do. Go to Sherwood's site, look up Scuba Toys.com in USA-Texas as a dealer, or scuba.com in California, or more specifically in this case, DiveUS.com or Aqua Tech Dive Center in California.

That Funny because all my paperwork says they dont, they can list it on their site but you have buy it in person, If you buy mail order the warranty is no good.

Missdirected:
As for the young man that was poking fun; I built my home several years ago. I can not tell you how many times all those manuals I saved came in handy.

SNIP

And hey, you never know but he may just like to sit on the pot and read manuals :winky: He bought the item so that is his choice.

Not sure which statement is more humorous. . .

Back
Top Bottom