Smart ***** Sherwood rep basically calls me an idiot after product purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He should have taken it back to where he purchased it and asked them for guidance. If it was bought from the shop that certified him, then he should demand that he be allowed to retake open water again. That's where I was taught to use a spg.

Hi Dave,

I apologize for that, I didn't really read over the text that came from customer service before forwarding it to you as I had been on vacation and had thousands of emails to respond to and I hastily sent it to you because I knew you had been waiting since Christmas. Upon reading it I am ashamed to have sent it to a customer and I hope you can forgive me. Their customer service sent it to me as a joke and planned to get me something legit to send you but as I was in such a hurry I didn't even realize that was their intention.

I understand that the damage has been done on all the scuba boards as you threatened because I have received emails from some customers, but I just want to make sure that you understand it was not meant to insult or disrespect you and it was an honest mistake.

Give me a call if need be,

Maile
sales@diveus.com
1-866-234-8387

Sales:
Hi Dave,

I apologize for that, I didn't really read over the text that came from customer service before forwarding it to you as I had been on vacation and had thousands of emails to respond to and I hastily sent it to you because I knew you had been waiting since Christmas. Upon reading it I am ashamed to have sent it to a customer and I hope you can forgive me. Their customer service sent it to me as a joke and planned to get me something legit to send you but as I was in such a hurry I didn't even realize that was their intention.

I understand that the damage has been done on all the scuba boards as you threatened because I have received emails from some customers, but I just want to make sure that you understand it was not meant to insult or disrespect you and it was an honest mistake.

Maile
sales@diveus.com
1-866-234-8387

just to clarify, that really did come from someone with Sherwood and they felt it funny to belittle and insult both your and their cust.?

WOW.....

CAPT HOOK:
I think it's funny as hell.
Asking for a manual for a SPG??
DUH!

My first SPG was a Genesis and I don't recall getting a manual for my SPG either. I didn't even think of needing or asking for one. I'm sure the rep was going to help the dealer out eventually. Seems to me the rep sent that email to the dealer as a joke and didn't expect it to go any farther. Dealer obviously didn't read email and forwarded it on to the client.

Sales:
Hi Dave,

Maile
sales@diveus.com
1-866-234-8387
Sounds like a good response to me, and as far as I can tell the entire thing is understandable.

Apparently the guilty party is indeed Sherwood's customer service guy. If I were you I'd have a word with him.

Sales:
Hi Dave,

Maile
sales@diveus.com

1-866-234-8387

There you have it, a sincere apology. It’s nice to know someone actually let them know what going on.
Having been in customer service for a long time you can get a little jaded and need a kick in the pants to make you realize every customer’s experience needs to be unique and positive.

Dave

frankc420:
Does no1 else see the humor in that response? I think it's hilarious :)
I do.

CAPT HOOK:
I think it's funny as hell.
Asking for a manual for a SPG??
DUH!
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Hopefully he has a file for his manuals, I need a replacement manual for my snorkel.
:rofl3::rofl3:Oh, and for my fins, I can't remember which fin goes on which foot!:rofl3::rofl3:
Ok, I'll behave now. But come on!! A MANUAL FOR AN SPG?!:confused::shakehead

Uh, guys, be nice. The OP's request was perfectly valid.

We won't tolerate anyone trying to make fun of him for asking.

Back
Top Bottom