Smart ***** Sherwood rep basically calls me an idiot after product purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's nothing wrong with asking for any original paperwork, documentation or manuals with something new you've bought. Like the OP stated, he likes to have that stuff for warranty purposes. Ther's nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean he doesn't know how to use his SPG. My Uwatec digital SPG came with a manual.

Huge mistake on Sherwood's part. As we say in the newpaper business, never type anything into a computer that you wouldn't want published.

they should have an icon for foot in mouth...oh wait a minute!!

Hey Narcosis,

Why don't you try this link

http://www.sherwoodscuba.com/manuals.php

Have a nice day ....

I've been in customer service for 25 years and my experience and training tells me that a customer's question might sound silly to you but it is a concern to the customer .. SORRY !!

Thank you for the apology. And I never did get around to putting it on any other boards. If what you say below is true then I'm sure you can understand how anyone could be offended by the reply I got from a simple request, just as I can understand how going through email quickly can lead to things being forwarded that shouldn't have been.

Regards.

Dave.

Sales:
Hi Dave,

I apologize for that, I didn't really read over the text that came from customer service before forwarding it to you as I had been on vacation and had thousands of emails to respond to and I hastily sent it to you because I knew you had been waiting since Christmas. Upon reading it I am ashamed to have sent it to a customer and I hope you can forgive me. Their customer service sent it to me as a joke and planned to get me something legit to send you but as I was in such a hurry I didn't even realize that was their intention.

I understand that the damage has been done on all the scuba boards as you threatened because I have received emails from some customers, but I just want to make sure that you understand it was not meant to insult or disrespect you and it was an honest mistake.

Give me a call if need be,

Maile
sales@diveus.com

1-866-234-8387

Is this not the forum for Sherwood? Why hasn't the Sherwood Rep. posted anything on this? I'm not surprised, I really didn't think Sherwood would care what a diver thought. Meaning, they are side with the diveshop over a customer anytime. Who buy's more equipment, one diver or a dive shop. So what if they insulted a diver. Their SHERWOOD.

dmdoss:
Is this not the forum for Sherwood?

Yea, when I saw this thing had ripped it's way to 40+ posts I was expecting to see SHERWOOD in here doing some sort of damage control within the 24 hours. Perhaps together with DIVEUS.com they decided to speak with 1 voice.

There is a lesson here for all of us. In this information age we really need to be carefull what we say, especially in any recorded medium such as email. Things can reach unintended audiences unintentionaly.

I don't blame the OP for asking. One thing that irks me about dive gear is some of the awful documentation we get. Here we have a cluster of instruments. I consider it reasonable to expect a manual indicating tolerances, cleaning procedures, recognizing problems and if there is a compass perhaps a page or 2 of compass 101. Often you are lucky to get a tag on the darned thing. Products varry in some cases and it's not adequate to push it all back onm certifications.

Pete

dmdoss:
Is this not the forum for Sherwood? Why hasn't the Sherwood Rep. posted anything on this? I'm not surprised, I really didn't think Sherwood would care what a diver thought. Meaning, they are side with the diveshop over a customer anytime. Who buy's more equipment, one diver or a dive shop. So what if they insulted a diver. Their SHERWOOD.
I believe that Sherwood has many reps and probably not many of them are actually on this board, much less checking it very often. I think it's fair to say that a single Sherwood rep who sent a somewhat snotty email to a dive shop in reference to a customer does not represent the whole of Sherwood nor the opinions or motivations of much, if any, of their staff or their representative network.

I think it is funny as heck, if it stayed in the company, which it didn't. I too would be livid but hey we all joke with our colleagues, this was an obvious accident. Can you imagine how embarrassed Maille was, oooof! Probably one of those times you want to swallow your tongue :)

As for the manuals; I wholeheartedly agree with you Dave. You may never need the warranty or other things - the thing may tick for a hundred years - but it may not. If you have the manual, you can go right to it. Know when you bought it and all that fun stuff.

As for the young man that was poking fun; I built my home several years ago. I can not tell you how many times all those manuals I saved came in handy. Let's just say lots. As was stated before, they have trouble shooting guides, warranty info, all sorts of stuff. It is not necessarily the actual words on how to connect the thing at all. If you would have read a bit more you would have known this.

And hey, you never know but he may just like to sit on the pot and read manuals :winky: He bought the item so that is his choice.

:rofl3: Ok, I thought it was funny, but there is some information one would like to know, like how to tell if it is broken, how accurate it is, etc, etc...

It would be kind of nice to know if the gauge you just got is a 5% accuracy one, or something else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom