Smart ***** Sherwood rep basically calls me an idiot after product purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
selling me a Genisis SPG. $150.00.

Asking the dealer if they have manual/product documentation. Simple email request.

sending smart ***** answer assuring that I NEVER buy anything with the name Sherwood or Genisis on it ever again, or anything from diveus.com. Priceless!

Here was the manufacturer rep's response to my simple request. BTW Sherwood, You really should check to make sure your "rep's" have a basic grasp on spelling which his response clearly shows he doesn't.

I will write one for you right now.
  • Hook gauge to regulator HP port (the one mark HP)
  • turn air on
  • Look at gauge , bottom one is you SPG( submersible pressure gauge) top one is your depth gauge
  • On button gauge (SPG, if you forgot what SPG refer to step 3) what ever the needle points at that is your air pressure. The small gauge inside your SPG is water temp. Works juts like the big gauge but tell water temp.
  • The gauge on top is your depth gauge works juts like your SPG, but the needle only moves when you dive underwater, depending on your depths depends on what number it points at, the skinny needle the moves with it and stops is not stuck that is your MAX DEPTHS INDECATOR, it will tell you how deep your deepest dive was.
  • If you are still confused on how this complex piece of SCUBA diving life support, refer to any Authorized Sherwood /Genesis dealer for a refresher course for Open Water SCUBA.
I'm off now to post this on the other 5 message boards I use.

OMG are you kidding? LOL pray provide the name of this (soon to be former) rep...I for one will boycott Sherwood until someone with some juice posts an apology to you on this forum.....amazing....

Don't know the rep, but the sales guy who sent me the response was

Maile Helgeson
Sales@diveus.com

I'm not saying the guy wasn't a smart*****, but I am having trouble understanding what happened here.
Are you sure this was a Sherwood rep? This also sounds like this may be someone whos primary language is not English. It also does not say on their site (that I saw) that they are an authorized Sherwood dealer. It looks like they do most of their selling on EBay. It could be that they are an unauthorized dealer and don't have the product documentation, and this is their way of trying to get over on you.

N@rco$i$:
selling me a Genisis SPG. $150.00.

Asking the dealer if they have manual/product documentation. Simple email request.

sending smart ***** answer assuring that I NEVER buy anything with the name Sherwood or Genisis on it ever again, or anything from diveus.com. Priceless!

Here was the manufacturer rep's response to my simple request. BTW Sherwood, You really should check to make sure your "rep's" have a basic grasp on spelling which his response clearly shows he doesn't.

• turn air on
  • Look at gauge , bottom one is you SPG( submersible pressure gauge) top one is your depth gauge
  • On button gauge (SPG, if you forgot what SPG refer to step 3) what ever the needle points at that is your air pressure. The small gauge inside your SPG is water temp. Works juts like the big gauge but tell water temp.
  • The gauge on top is your depth gauge works juts like your SPG, but the needle only moves when you dive underwater, depending on your depths depends on what number it points at, the skinny needle the moves with it and stops is not stuck that is your MAX DEPTHS INDECATOR, it will tell you how deep your deepest dive was.
  • If you are still confused on how this complex piece of SCUBA diving life support, refer to any Authorized Sherwood /Genesis dealer for a refresher course for Open Water SCUBA.
I'm off now to post this on the other 5 message boards I use.

Here is the entire email. Customer service is universal, It doesn't matter where the rep is from. I can't see how it was meant any other way.

Hey!

I am back from vacation and my rep from the manufacturer said there really isn’t any kind of manual, so he wrote one up:::

• turn air on
Talk to you soon,

Maile Helgeson
Sales@diveus.com
Toll free 1-866-234-8387
Int'l 1-619-235-9093
Fax 1-619-237-1886

I think it's premature to blame Sherwood as it doesn't sound the like idiot that wrote that email is a Sherwood rep and his company perhaps not an authorized Sherwood dealer. I would report this to Sherwood directly. If this company is an authorized dealer, they may not be for much longer. I'd also report this to this person's supervisor, he should be dismissed. The email is written by someone with minimal command of English but there is no mistake in the derisive nature.

N@rco$i$:
Might want to email them a few more questions about other products. You may then have to never buy anything from "DUI, Seadoo, Akona, Dacor, Genesis, Sherwood, Tusa, US Divers, JBL, Aqua Lung, ScubaPro, SeaQuest, Halcyon, Dacor, Mares, Aeris, Xcel Wetsuits, Henderson, Pelican, Riffe, Trident, McNett, Blackhawk, Pressed Steel (PST), OMS, Dive Rite, Armor, DeepSee, Suunto, Uwatec, Sevylor" again either.

I can see being upset with diveus.com and not using them, although it likely was an attempt at humor gone bad rather than mocking you. However, I don't see how you can blame the manufacturer for something they aren't involved in.

Back
Top Bottom