Singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have fun at the bridge. Go slow. There are a ton of critters that you might not see in other places. Oh, we saw a spotted eagle ray a couple weeks ago! I have heard of people seeing manatees, sharks, batfish, lots of horseshoe crabs, frogfish and seahorses. Very diverse! Enjoy the dive!

A Deep Blue Dive has the Thunderbolt and a Reef clean up every year. Other than that I have not heard of any more. Maybe someone else might know of one here in the Keys.

That is what I was thinking, all the places I have dove since I moved over here are nice and clean. I also pick up trash when I see it, last dive I retrieved a metal wire for fishing (whatever they are called) and a mustard wrapper. :wink:

Jenny I hope to get up to BHB this Saturday, it will be my first dive on the bridge.

11/15/08 SAT 09:36AM High Tide

I will probably be there on Saturday (Or Sunday, depending on the weather) if you want someone to show you some of the ropes for the dive.

Most people enter the water approx. 1/2 hour before the high tide (9:00 - 9:15AM)... Sometimes I enter before, stay in the troughs to avoid the strong current (You'll be surprised at it's strength prior to the slack!) and work my way under the docks on the southeastern side of the bridge. There are some good things to see there.

I have some pics of the Eagle Rays, I took on Sunday... and the sea horse, and the southern ray (didn't come out well), and the huge school of Spade fish, and the octopus, and the juvi lobsters, and High hats (adult and juvi), and the Drums, and the Warty Sidegill Sea Slug (rare in Fl.), and the Atlantic Deer Cowrie out walking the area (Occasional to rare in Fl.), and the Sharptail Eel (occasional to uncommon in Fl.)... and of course, I got the picture (but not a really good one) of the Spotted Snake Eel, which is also uncommon to rare in Florida...

Did I mention this was all photographed on a single dive, Sunday at BHB? :D

Also, keep in mind where you put your hands during the tides in-&-out while you stop and look at much of the macro stuff... There are more varieties of Scorpionfish than I have seen anywhere else diving

If you go Sunday, what time?

Tempting, I haven't done the bridge at all this year.

I'd like to go on Sunday! I have to do a boat dive in Jupiter on Sat., but would love to see you guys again on Sunday, and finally get DG4U up here!!!:D If we can talk Scuba Jenny into coming too, I can return her fins..:eyebrow:

c'mon, guys, let's do the bridge on Sunday! Who's in?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom