Singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

40% is a very good mix for BHB.. Blue Heron Bridge. 95 North (from Broward County) to Blue Heron Blvd. East on Blue Heron a few miles over the bridge, Left at the light, immediate left into parking lot.

Blue Heron Bridge

If we get in at a time when the seats in the back are open, The Brass Ring is a good after dive "dive." Otherwise, Quarterdeck is good at accomodating large groups.

I'd like to go on Sunday! I have to do a boat dive in Jupiter on Sat., but would love to see you guys again on Sunday, and finally get DG4U up here!!!:D If we can talk Scuba Jenny into coming too, I can return her fins..:eyebrow:

c'mon, guys, let's do the bridge on Sunday! Who's in?

I am in and showboat is coming. I also have a new friend who is an experienced diver I will see if she would care to join as well.

this is going to be fun :wink:

FYI
All divers welcome :wink:
lowviswiz is running a 2 tank night dive on Sea Emperor and Ancient Mariner for $50 plus tanks on Saturday night the 15th, pm him if anyone is interested. :wink:

Yes Debby let's do lunch after BHB :wink:

Sunday Dave, I think Debby is looking for a rider if you care to join us :wink:

Alright, I can do that. Deb, where would you like to meet? PM me.

It looks like I've got overtime shifts at 2 AM Saturday morning and Sunday morning, but I think my body needs the dive more than it needs to be using a Sawzall and sledgehammer every day... so I still plan on being there. I take it that a LP120 would be to much for the dive, or is anyone else hoping for a 2.5 hour dive?

In other news, I came across something today that I think some here may appreciate. I give to you: ScubaFish

scubafish1.jpg

scubafish2.jpg

or is it ScabaFish (Self-Contained Above-water breathing apparatus) ?

Last edited:
OK...

I plan on entering the water between 9:45 and 10:00 AM (Probably real close to 9:45...). Feel free to hang with me. I go very slow and stop to take plenty of pictures... OR, just come out and do your own thing...

I will work slowly into the 8' trough that is south of the beach section just before the bridge and then work eastward across the sunken boat all the way east to the mooring docks on the east side.

After nosing around there for a bit (until the tide is slack enough), I usually plant my dive flag near the bridge and weigh it down with a soft weight. No matter where I go I am within 300' of the dive flag in that area (plus, no boats can traverse the bridge anyway). If someone else wants to bring a flag to plant on the north side of the bridge, I think that will cover everyone diving on Sunday.

After my flag is set, I usually take one side (east or west and travel along the wall [remember your lights, you'll want them!] to see what I can see). I usually find a Batfish or something of that nature. There are also some Warty Sidegill Sea Slugs attached to the wall on the west side of the span... Not to mention the Seahourse(s)

There are a good number of wrecks around and under the bridge. Be sure to have a good dive light in order to see everything!

I believe the deepest part I've been in is 21-22' max. Most divers will have 1 1/2 hour to 1 3/4 hour dive before the outgoing tide gets stronger and the vis goes down. I dive air and usually surface with 1/2 tank and 1 3/4 hour bottom time (Oh... and you WWW's need to bring a wet suit... lol)

Here are a few pictures from BHB I've taken over the last month. You can expect to see any, or all of these during your dive on Sunday and some of them are "uncommon" to "rare" in Florida waters...

Unknown (No one has been able to ID it...)
unknown12.jpg

Golden Coral Shrimp
yellowbanded.jpg

Manatee
manatee11.jpg

Eagle Ray
eagleray21.jpg

Atlantic Deer Cowrie (Mantle covering it's brown spotted shell as camouflage)
cowery1.jpg

Warty Sidegill Sea Slug
warty2.jpg

Treasure Boat...
boat15.jpg

Spotted Snake Eel
eel41.jpg

Polka-dot Batfish
batfish7.jpg

Sharptail Eel
eel33.jpg

Underwater Fishing (Rare with a rod and reel in Florida)
fishing.jpg

Flying Gunnard
gunnard1.jpg

Seahorse
seahorse19.jpg

Octopus
octo23.jpg

Here are the rest of the pictures from this past month at BHB...
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3654

See you Sunday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom