Simple DIN question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dnaber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As stated yesterday in another post I bought me a HOG D3 DIN. Well this morning after playing with it I came up with only one question.... The cap, what do you secure it too? there is a string attached.... or don't you secure it at all and just remove it for the dive?

Also there was no manual with the 1st or 2nd regs..... where can I get a user manual (just for the care and feeding of this beast)

Thanks

You don't need to secure it at all. When the reg is in use the cap can be stored in a Reg bag, mask case, or wherever.

I loop the "string" on my HP hose close to the first stage and the cap is mated up with my DIN plug from my tank. So the two pieces mate up.

i lose mine, then leave the regs in the tanks

As mostly everyone else has stated I just throw mine in the gear box/bag after removing it from the reg.
Just remember to get into the habit of always placing in the same place so that after the dive you don't have to try and figure out where you placed it (CRS affliction).

I will usually toss it in my gear box if I'm setting up my gear at the site. This leads to losing it in my car after the dive and grabbing another when I get home to rinse my gear.

It seems from the trend developing (me included) that the best use for the string is to attach it to a LARGE sign that says "DIN Cap on other end, idiot!"

It seems from the trend developing (me included) that the best use for the string is to attach it to a LARGE sign that says "DIN Cap on other end, idiot!"

since my normal diving requires at minimum 2 regs, but normally 5, the strings get clipped to a double ended so they don't get separated from each other

Back
Top Bottom