Simple DIN question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fair enough Tbone, Im the guy who has to look for the screwdriver again after every damn screw. "I swear i put it right here...."

I loop the "string" on my HP hose close to the first stage and the cap is mated up with my DIN plug from my tank. So the two pieces mate up.
I used to use plugs in my tanks. Found out it was way too much hassle to keep track of them, since I don't bang my tanks around. These days I just use a piece of tape wrapped around the valve to indicate that the tank is full. Plain paint masking tape for air filled tanks, yellow/green electrical tape for nitrox filled tanks. This is of course more relevant for singles than for twinsets. BTW, the paint masking tape works great for marking my nitrox tanks with FO2 and MOD as well.

And the 1st stage cap goes in my maskbox or in the valve pouch while my gear is assembled.

Reactions: tep
I clip the string through the carabiner that also secures my glasses case to the boat or my gear bag.

Are these the kind of caps that screw down and seat against the o-ring or like the rubber ones atomic provided on my regs?

I like the delrin sealing caps for my regs. I also use the sealing gas saver din plugs in my valves since I have a habit of knocking valves open. I clip them all together inside my reg bag or bust bag I keep a spare doubleender clipped in either bag.

Are these the kind of caps that screw down and seat against the o-ring or like the rubber ones atomic provided on my regs?

I only use and am obviously referring to the screw on caps, the push on ones are useless to me

I like the delrin sealing caps for my regs. I also use the sealing gas saver din plugs in my valves since I have a habit of knocking valves open. I clip them all together inside my reg bag or bust bag I keep a spare doubleender clipped in either bag.

If you put one of those plugs in and accidentally open the valve, how do get the plug out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom