Sidemount wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am a dive master trainee and im almost done, and im going for the sidemount specialty as soon as i finish my dm. And i was considering buying zeagle stiletto bcd because i tried it as a single tank back mount and it was perfect and i was told that it can also work with side mount however i did not find any reviews regarding zeagle stiletto for side mount your advice will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Please, if at all possible, don’t dive Sidemount with anything unless it’s designed for Sidemount. Especially if you’re gonna be a pro.

just one universal Sidemount/Backmount system I know - Dive Rite Nomad XT System
any conversions of BCD to the sidemount is BAD idea.

conversions of normal wing (like OMS) is possible, and you can get very nice config, but it takes long time to convert it back to the backmount.
слепить СМ из того что есть: Scuba Diving: Подводный форум больных дайвингом.
f0db24fdc327504a1e0e1874a597a7fa.jpg

or
h-1337.jpg
h-1336.jpg

h-1326.jpg
h-1335.jpg

Go chat to people in yoru local area. gte differing opinions and try to understand the differences.

Personally I have a dedicated SM rig (X Deep Stealth 2.0) and dedicated backmount and teaching rigs.

Convertible rigs are a compromise IMO

I converted my BP/W into a toddy style system, it works great for me. If you have 2 BP's kicking around and a singles wing with decent lift this could be an option. Obviously if you don't already have this stuff a true SM rig would probably be better.

Unless you'd like to join the grand majority of dive professionals who look like jokes in sidemount, get a dedicated sm rig.

I don't know why people always want to cheap out and buy something that does both.

Aluminium

For sidemount with aluminum tanks that bcd's attachment points, shape and design are all very poor. The result will be frustration or bad performance.

The right tool for the job will make sidemount diving much easier.

Many designs can be used for sidemount but some are more suitable.

Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom