Shearwater Teric vs Garmin Decent MK vs Shearwater Petrel 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JadMrr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Wonder what your thoughts are on these and if you could buy any of these which one would you. I haven’t used Air Integrated computers before and it’s very intriguing. I like the idea of doing away with a gauge and having less clutter. The Garmin unit is nice as well but no AI. I like that for the reason of marking locations you have been to possibly return to good spots along with other sports to use it with. Is one better or easier for Navigation? I’m looking to get my advanced open water soon and don’t want to buy a DC that won’t grow with me as a diver. Thoughts?

I am AI all the way. I use it on everything from single tank NDL diving to 200' trimix dives. On the latter, I just use it on my main tanks, not on my deco cylinders (so, with back mount doubles, I still only need 1 transmitter).

As for recording location, just an FYI, if you use the Subsurface dive log app (which is both awesome and free), you can take your phone with you (in a waterproof case or drybag if needed) and run the Subsurface-mobile app with the Subsurface location service. It will record a log of your locations and then when you download your dive(s) from your Teric to your phone, it will marry up the location data to the dive data based on the timestamps and you will have your locations (shown in a nice world map view within the Subsurface desktop app).

Back
Top Bottom