Shearwater Mac Desktop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lynnpartridge

Contributor
Reaction score
We are happy to announce that our eagerly awaited Mac desktop program is now available for general release. The desktop program will permit our Mac users to conduct firmware updates and download their dives. Note that this is a native Mac implementation. The Shearwater Desktop directly supports Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. It has been posted to the Library section of our website. We would like to extend our thanks to our beta testers, you helped us expand our offering and make it more inclusive.

In addition, we have a new version of our PC desktop program on our website. In addition to the standard Windows Bluetooth drivers, we now support other proprietary Bluetooth stacks such as Toshiba. These proprietary stacks have been problematic for some of our PC customers. If your desktop program is already up and running on your PC, there really is no need to install it again.

Regards
Lynn

Lynn,

Great job to the entire Shearwater team!!!

Downloaded and installed last night. Restored my dive database from the Windows version and everything looks good. Thanks for remembering us Mac users.

By the way, just got my Predator a few weeks ago and had a chance to use it last weekend for the first time. All I can say is WOW!!! Great display, shows the information I need at a glance, and gas switches are super simple. Really nice not having to fumble with a backlight when we were doing our wreck penetration. One of the guys I was diving with made the comment that he could see my computer better from 10ft away than he could the one he was wearing. Based on my buddies reactions you may have another sale or two.

Keep up the good work.

Gary

Lynn,

Great job to the entire Shearwater team!!!

Downloaded and installed last night. Restored my dive database from the Windows version and everything looks good. Thanks for remembering us Mac users.

By the way, just got my Predator a few weeks ago and had a chance to use it last weekend for the first time. All I can say is WOW!!! Great display, shows the information I need at a glance, and gas switches are super simple. Really nice not having to fumble with a backlight when we were doing our wreck penetration. One of the guys I was diving with made the comment that he could see my computer better from 10ft away than he could the one he was wearing. Based on my buddies reactions you may have another sale or two.

Keep up the good work.

Gary

+1, except I didn't pair and download the computer until this morning. Using a bluetooth adapter on my xServe, and the operation went flawlessly. No stupid error messages, no muss, no fuss. Kudos to the entire Shearwater team.

I finally got around to downloading some dives and have a question about the log.

The deco ceiling is shown as a red band at the top (see pic) for some reason though it seems to start at 30 feet in this example. Sometimes it is deeper. Would have expected it to read 10 feet when NDL is first exceeded. Am I missing something here?

Attachments

• JB..jpg
    JB..jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 272
I think I figured out my own question after reading the later posts in this thread.
Gradient Factor for Dummies - Rebreather World

In the profile above the first 30 minutes or so is a NDL situation. i.e. I could have surfaced without the Hi factor exceeding 85% (Computer was set to 30/85)
After 30 minutes it becomes a deco dive(can not surface without GF Hi exceeding 85%),and at that time the first stop required by the GF Lo is at 30 feet,so the deco ceiling does jump from 0 to 30 feet.

Learn something every day!

I finally got around to downloading some dives and have a question about the log.

The deco ceiling is shown as a red band at the top (see pic) for some reason though it seems to start at 30 feet in this example. Sometimes it is deeper. Would have expected it to read 10 feet when NDL is first exceeded. Am I missing something here?

Here is a picture and explanation of the starting of GF deco: GF deco - initial stops

Rossh

Back
Top Bottom