Subsurface 4.9.8 has been released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirkhh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 4.9.8 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac and Linux.

This release fixes a number of issues in 4.9.7 and adds a couple of new features. The highlight is the new, significantly more flexible dive list filtering setup. Some of the changes in Subsurface 4.9.8:

new features:
  • filter: more flexible filtering system based on individual constraints

• add Garmin Descent Mk2/Mk2i support for Linux, macOS, and 64bit Windows

• add Scubapro Aladin A2 support

• desktop: allow adding dives to arbitrary trips

• equipment: use pO2 from prefernces for MOD display

• core: make device management undoable

• Windows: add separate 32bit and 64bit builds - the 32bit build does NOT support the Garmin Descent Mk2/Mk2i
bugfixes:
  • desktop: improve the appearance in dark mode

• desktop: fix crash on drag&drop into tag widgets [#3030]

• desktop: respect page-up, page-down, home and end keys for selection change [#2957]

• core: improve merging of cylinder pressures [#2884]

• Windows: add missing modern Vista theme

• macOS: fix issue with HID dive computers like Suunto Eon Core/Steel [#2999]
More details at our website

please note: the default binary for macOS now assumes you have at least macOS 10.15 or the BigSur beta. There are also binaries for 10.13/10.14 and 10.12 available.
The Windows binary is now by default a 64bit binary. If you need the 32bit binary, that's available as well, but it doesn't support the Garmin Descent Mk2

Hello, I don't know where to submit a bug report so I'll just do it here.

On the android mobile version you cannot enter tank pressures. As soon as you save them one or both pressures dissappear.

Also if you are typing in the description box and save quickly the last few words aren't saved.

When setting the location for a few dives, if I set the first dive to x then I cannot set the next dive to x without first setting it to y and then changing back.

Not a bug but it would be nice to have a confirm button for deletions because it's so close to the edit button. Today I accidentally deleted a dive without realizing it (and quit the app so I can't undo) and now I have to get it from my backups.

Love the app tho, so useful. Thanks for maintaining it.

DivingColeridge

Subsurface-mobile is not Subsurface. Very different feature set. So this thread isn't really the right place to ask.
The mobile app allows you to submit support request right in the menu under help.

Is there a way to enter frequent dive buddies and divemasters in the same way that dive locations can be added? I'm moving my written log over to SS and I'm entering each buddy name one at a time. They are highlighted in red which I guess indicates something but I have no idea what.

Interestingly for me, the autocomplete only works for buddies or DM names that were saved and then the app exited and re-run. If I simply enter a new DM, then save, then start to enter the same DM on a new dive, autocomplete does not work. I guess this is only an issue if you are entering a bunch of dives all at one time. Very odd behavior though.

That is a bug that I'll need to figure out how to fix. We should update those completions at runtime.

In completely unrelated news, we found a potential crash on the new filter UI (oddly, on Windows only) and will release a 4.9.9 shortly that addresses that

Both the crash and the completion of tags, buddies, and diveguide names has been fixed in Subsurface 4.9.9 which has just been released.

Sorry @dirkhh , but I get a "can't write" error when I try to install 4.9.9
Windows 10, HP laptop. Lots of previous Subsurface versions okay.

Likely you have either Subsurface or the previous installer still open. Worst case reboot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom