Share a charter in Coz Thanksgiving 2003?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raviepoo

Contributor
Reaction score
in exile in the Pennsyltucky Archipellago
# of dives
500 - 999
My sweetie and I are going back to Cozumel this Thanksgiving, staying at Fiesta Americana. We really want to be able to dive the Northern reefs because of the chance of seeing big critters (especially spotted eagle rays in November). We might also want to do Cozumel's one wreck dive. The point is, we would like to be able to tell the dive op, "This is where we want to go today" and have them say, "OK. No problem" To do that I think we have to either charter a boat ourselves for 2 people (too expensive), or fill a small boat with people who want to visit the same sites we do.

Is there anyone out there who will be in Cozumel this Thanksgiving, who would also like to get up north (Barracuda and San Juan) for a dive or two? You should be an experienced diver, as these are some of the more advanced drift dives in Cozumel. Ideally we want to do a 3 tank boat dive each day, leaving time for shore dives or night dives if we choose to do them. We will probably take one of our dive days to go to the mainland for a cenote tour before the caves all get contaminated by sewage.

We are both self-sufficient divers. Both of us are Nitrox certified. I conduct fish ID surveys on my dives so I like to go slow when current allows and spend a lot of time looking at/for little stuff. This drives some people crazy. I understand that I will probably not be able to go slow on San Juan or Barracuda because of the currents.

The dive op we want to use is not written in stone. We're inclined to use Dive with Martin again because a) we're cheap and b) we really liked the DM who dove with us last time out. Martin also seems to be flexible about schedules and times. But we are open to suggestion if someone else wants to share a charter and really, really, really must dive with "dive op xyz."

If you want to put together a group large enough to take control of a small boat, and you haven't read anything in this email that disturbs you, please contact me.

I'll be arriving Monday with a group from Lubbock Texas and diving Tuesday, Wedensday, Thursday. At this point, I'd think :confused: I'd kinda' like to stay with the group a couple of days, but - I'd really like to join you one day, preferably Thursday. But then, I don't know the group yet; I'll know them better after I go to Roatan with them next week. One day - at least - of the diving you described sounds great!

I like to go slow and peek at things, too, subject to conditions. Got nitrox & advanced cards, 100+ dives in varying conditions, pretty competent and experienced I think - for this anyway.

Keep me in mind... D-Don

hey there,

we(hubby and me) will be in cozumel for thanksgiving too and would be interested in hooking up for a day of elsewhere diving. We are AOW divers- but not nitrox- if that fits in with your plans then we would love to sort out a day-

BTW, we are staying in occidental allegro resort

You should try Paul's dive service. He takes small groups and prices aren't any more than other dive services. He will even pick you up at the resort dock.

So when's Thanksgiving for you folks?

Tgen: What's the skinny on Pauls??

Last year his place was closed the entire time we were there.

Does he have a web site?

It's my understanding that Paul sold his boat and his business to his captain.

raviepoo once bubbled...
It's a little closer to Thanksgiving so I'm asking again. Anyone interested?

Hi,

Been a while since I've read the boards so missed your earlier post, but Kristie (sxyscubagal) and I will be at Fiesta Americana over Thanksgiving and would be up for a trip North. We haven't really planned anything beyond our flight, hotel, and some diving, somewhere.

Mike

I am a divemaster from california living in cancun and would love a good excuse to go dive cozumel over thanksgiving. I would have 2 people total, please let me know what the curent status of your trip is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom