Share a charter in Coz Thanksgiving 2003?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last time in Coz Aug 02(4th time) we dove with Deep Blue. We dove San Juan and Barracuda as well as Maracaibo(much better dive than the other two). There are a few considerations to keep in mind.
1. The "Port Commissioner/chief/local honcho" dictates if and when it is allowed to dive San Juan & Barracuda. If the weather/currents that week are extreme it will not even be an option no matter who you dive with.
2. Very few ops do dive the Northern Reefs because of the conditions. None that I know of will take you there without knowing you and your skill level in advance or having you dive with them for a few days to evaluate such skill.
3. I haven't been there over Thanksgiving but am assuming it is "high season" and the ops will be busy and boats full. Your plan of filling up a boat is good, but chance is all of you will have to dive with the op you choose for your full stay. IE- doubt they will take you and your 4 others to Barracuda if the other 4 show up for just that day. But you never know.
4. Drop Matt at Deep Blue and email. They tend to cater to a more experienced crowd than average. They will take you if your skills warrant and they have other divers(they will) that want to go during the same period. Matt is very good at mixing groups and DM's to most everyones satisfaction. While Barracuda is a great dive and a real rush with that current, I suggest you dive Maracaibo if you get the chance. It's a spectacular dive with coral formations that represent what most of the Island looked like 30+ years ago, and pelagics if you luck out.
http://www.deepbluecozumel.com/

Have a great trip

We're diving with Dive With Martin again because we've been pleased with them on past trips. My friend dove the northern reefs with them last November, so I figure we have at least a chance of getting up there this year, if conditions are conducive.

Yes, I know full well that none of the dive ops in Cozumel will take divers to the advanced sites until they have seen that they have the skills to handle them. Therefore, we are doing all of our diving with Martin. Anyone who wants to try to make it up to the northern reefs with the m would have to do at least two days of diving with them.

montereydivemas and mikeh, if you are interested in joining us, please PM me. We arrive on Nov 27 and our last day of diving will be Dec 1.

Hey sounds like my kind of diving, take pictures, go slooooow & off the beat in path as far as dive sites. I will let you know by next week. Unfortuneatly I will be alone, I am pretty sure. My lady probabaly won't be able to get away. We'll talk, Good divin, George.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom