Selecting a Dry Glove System

What dry glove system do you dive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dschulte

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I did a search on the board and did not see this discussed as a topic currently. I am trying to select a dry glove system. From the web research I have found four popular choices. I was wondering what others were diving and the positives and negatives of the systems. I am diving a Pinnacle Evolution 2 and plan on installing the rings so that I maintain a latex wrist seal.
:monkeydan

rakkis:
Please add Viking :)

Can't edit the poll. Was unaware of Viking, will check them out.

I absolutely LOVE my Viking bayonet ring system, and my husband has them, too. It's a positive lock system (cannot pop off). I can get them on and off without any help from anybody. The only down side is that the rings are big. But of all the people I dive with, I'm the only one who hasn't had a glove flood, ever.

I liked them well enough to put a set on my second suit, too.

Anybody every tried the OS System?

I use and like the Si Tech rings, but like Lynn, I'm the only one I know who uses them and has never had a leak. I did find that I was unable to use them without trimming the gloves once the rings were in, for whatever it's worth, but now that it's done I love them.

Just installed the viking bayonet rings and they are great. They go on easily and come off easily. Si-tech rings I have witnessed come apart if turned or torqued the wrong way and flood. The positive lock on the vikings prevent that from happening. My girlfriend has the Si-Tech and is going to junk them and go with the vikings.
:)

Once you get the si-techs installed properly you stay dry, until you do, you don´t...

I've tried the Si-Tech and the Viking (on land). I've read NOTHING but good things about the Viking, and have read plenty of issues with the Si-Tech. I have huge hands nad the Vikings just work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom