Selecting a Dry Glove System

What dry glove system do you dive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never ever a problem with my DC gloves - and I mash these things. Rock climbing, rolled in the surf, pinballing off of things at depth. The stories of DC's "popping off" are very overrated IMO. Has it happened, probably. But I'm doing 2 to 10 dives a week on them for years and never an issue here - gotta be over 500 dives on mine and the only time my hand has gotten wet was when I grabbed something sharp or bounced off an Urchin.

The rings have never failed me. Quick to change on site, many glove and liner options. I love the DC's.

---
Ken

Been useing the Si-tech gloves for some years now liked them but last year pulled the cotton lining out and replaced with neopreen cloves(3mm) now I love them :D
They are dry and warm.

I did a bunch of research when I decided to go dry. I bought the Viking system and have never had a flood. I have many friends who use the si-tech threaded rings and they leak about half the time til you get used to installing them. An instructor I took some tech classes from recommended the viking system and demonstrated how they are used and how easy it is to don and remove them. The replacement gloves are cheap and the rings can be removed easily when it's time to head to cave country. I can see no drawbacks with this system.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Haven't tried the vikings but have heard nothing but good things about them!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom