Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today I've had to cancel my order. I'm facing a medically induced prolonged surface interval.

After describing my situation per E-Mail, the folks at Sealskin where very forthcoming and since the production on my suit hasn't started yet, they made a cancellation possible.

I'll be reading your experiences full of envy, untill there'll be a definite moment I can put up my order again.
Sorry to hear that, wish you quick recovery

UPS confirmed the delivery of my new suit today.
Unfortunately I won’t be home until Sunday evening to check it out.
It’s my 2nd suit from SS and will use it for warmer water diving, I’ll probably retire my wetsuit.
And for those interested, $216 Canadian import charges, no thermals just the suit with a few accessories.

I just got my US customs bill. Seaskin shipped both my orders in a single parcel under a single invoice even though I ordered on separate days and paid shipping for each order. I'm working on the dispute and have provided the 2 invoices that Seaskin sent me upon shipping yesterday. I still had to pay the $177 so I can get my suit tomorrow. Either way I'm due $100 from ups or $75 from Seaskin.

Edit: I confirmed with UPS that the threshold for duties is $800.

I just got my US customs bill. Seaskin shipped both my orders in a single parcel under a single invoice even though I ordered on separate days and paid shipping for each order. I'm working on the dispute and have provided the 2 invoices that Seaskin sent me upon shipping yesterday. I still had to pay the $177 so I can get my suit tomorrow. Either way I'm due $100 from ups or $75 from Seaskin.

Edit: I confirmed with UPS that the threshold for duties is $800.
That sucks but with either refund it’s not to bad.

That sucks but with either refund it’s not to bad.
Just a pain that they didn't even break down the orders on separate customs declarations. If they'd done that I'd have no problem getting it corrected. Now I'm waiting for UPS brokers to verify my invoices and compare it to the suppliers. Fortunately i don't delete emails lol

Didn't @Marie13 tell us to have a week between orders for some pages ago? 🙈

Separate and distinct orders is all that is required from the purchaser. The shipper has to correctly fill out 2 customs invoices indicating they are 2 orders. I'm fine with them saving money on shipping, I'm not ok with paying tax on something that should have been duty free.

Separate and distinct orders is all that is required from the purchaser. The shipper has to correctly fill out 2 customs invoices indicating they are 2 orders. I'm fine with them saving money on shipping, I'm not ok with paying tax on something that should have been duty free.

Some of my effing idiot customers, first time importers, are shocked, absolutely shocked that CBP has the nerve to assess duties and fees, even after they were quoted, got paperwork, etc. I spend at least 30-45 min almost daily handling requests for HS codes and duty amounts. Gets damned complicated on some commodities due to China additional duty, steel/aluminum additional duty, and ADD/CVD, depending on COO.

Duties are the second highest source of income for the feds after income tax.

Some of my effing idiot customers, first time importers, are shocked, absolutely shocked that CBP has the nerve to assess duties and fees, even after they were quoted, got paperwork, etc. I spend at least 30-45 min almost daily handling requests for HS codes and duty amounts. Gets damned complicated on some commodities due to China additional duty, steel/aluminum additional duty, and ADD/CVD, depending on COO.

Duties are the second highest source of income for the feds after income tax.
I'm fine with taxes too, just not as happy about it when they should have been avoided by being well below the threshold. Hopefully most customers are like me and more prone to laugh and make light of it than lambasting you for a problem you didn't create.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom