Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm fine with taxes too, just not as happy about it when they should have been avoided by being well below the threshold. Hopefully most customers are like me and more prone to laugh and make light of it than lambasting you for a problem you didn't create.

There is an absolute epidemic of stupidity these days. 🤦‍♀️

I did the same thing. My Nova order and undergarment order are about 4 days apart. Undergarment order is well below the customs cap. We'll see how it shakes out.

I did the same thing. My Nova order and undergarment order are about 4 days apart. Undergarment order is well below the customs cap. We'll see how it shakes out.
Contact them the week of your ship date and ask for separate invoices for each order to be placed with the shipment and separate customs forms. I'll DM you the email for Onur. He handles their shipping and just got a few emails from me explaining the "problem" they created with a singular invoice.

I just got my US customs bill. Seaskin shipped both my orders in a single parcel under a single invoice even though I ordered on separate days and paid shipping for each order. I'm working on the dispute and have provided the 2 invoices that Seaskin sent me upon shipping yesterday. I still had to pay the $177 so I can get my suit tomorrow. Either way I'm due $100 from ups or $75 from Seaskin.

Edit: I confirmed with UPS that the threshold for duties is $800.
dang that sux! you gamed the system and still lost. what's weird is i think our totals were close to the same or did you order 2 under garmets? my ups charge was $129.78.

dang that sux! you gamed the system and still lost. what's weird is i think our totals were close to the same or did you order 2 under garmets? my ups charge was $129.78.
2 undergarments, base layer, kubi glove side, extra seals.

I did however get $60 refunded today for shipping after explaining what happened and how I'd paid 2 shipping expenses. So right now I'm about $10 less than you but I expect it to go down more once my appeal is acted on.

This is a funny thread whereby we choose to engage in international trade and are then unhappy that duties are applied because we are engaging in international trade, even though the savings from trading internationally are an order of magnitude greater than the cost from the duty. Isn’t “gaming” the system the same as smuggling?

This is a funny thread whereby we choose to engage in international trade and are then unhappy that duties are applied because we are engaging in international trade, even though the savings from trading internationally are an order of magnitude greater than the cost from the duty. Isn’t “gaming” the system the same as smuggling?

OMG, I needed that laugh badly! 🤣😂

Not smuggling when everything is declared. It should have been two separate parcels that I paid the shipping for. The 2nd parcel is below the value threshold for paying duties by our own laws and would have nothing due on it. I paid the duties and now I'm working on getting my ~$90 back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom