Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a funny thread whereby we choose to engage in international trade and are then unhappy that duties are applied because we are engaging in international trade, even though the savings from trading internationally are an order of magnitude greater than the cost from the duty. Isn’t “gaming” the system the same as smuggling?
that would be like saying using tax deductions is tax fraud. its just being smart and trying to save money. no one is complaining about it just stating the facts of what it costs to get a seaskin.

Isn’t “gaming” the system the same as smuggling?

No, lol. "gaming" the system is working in the confines of said system. Smuggling would be working outside of the confines.

2 types of divers (when it comes to drysuits). 1: They want the best of the best and don't care how much. 2: They want the best of the best but have a real hard time spending money on something that's 3 times as expensive... and still dives dry as the suit that people in camp 1 buy.

Plus, some of us have mouths to feed. I file those same mouths on my taxes, lol. To us, every little bit helps

Not smuggling when everything is declared. It should have been two separate parcels that I paid the shipping for. The 2nd parcel is below the value threshold for paying duties by our own laws and would have nothing due on it. I paid the duties and now I'm working on getting my ~$90 back.

You’re trying to get $90 in duties back? Damn, I want the update on this. If you knew what it was like trying to get a refund directly as a customs broker, and you want a refund from Fedex/UPS? Good luck.

You’re trying to get $90 in duties back? Damn, I want the update on this. If you knew what it was like trying to get a refund directly as a customs broker, and you want a refund from Fedex/UPS? Good luck.
I've filed the claim and my rough guess was ~90. I just did the math and I overpaid by $100.32 +/- a few pennies. They did some weird things with the codes and applied them differently for similar items.
Screenshot_20230209_134148_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20230209_134137_Drive.jpg

They want the best of the best but have a real hard time spending money on something that's 3 times as expensive... and still dives dry as the suit that people in camp 1 buy.
Seaskin has ruined me for buying a drysuit locally. They are happy to buy them locally for $3K give or take and I'm like....Seriously?

I've filed the claim and my rough guess was ~90. I just did the math and I overpaid by $100.32 +/- a few pennies. They did some weird things with the codes and applied them differently for similar items. View attachment 768703View attachment 768704
In my opinion it should all be rated at 4% but I don’t work for UPS.

this is why I always suggest buying the suit without anything that can be confused for “clothing” I understand that’s what you tried to do and this is a confluence of unfortunate circumstances.

In my opinion it should all be rated at 4% but I don’t work for UPS.

this is why I always suggest buying the suit without anything that can be confused for “clothing” I understand that’s what you tried to do and this is a confluence of unfortunate circumstances.

You’re not a customs broker. Classifying stuff can be complicated as hell. The indents can lead you down the merry road to destruction. I’ve been doing this crap for nearly 12 years.

I was working from this page today.
C9CF6FF8-D69C-4F50-A26A-A5A0FE1A35DC.jpeg

I've filed the claim and my rough guess was ~90. I just did the math and I overpaid by $100.32 +/- a few pennies. They did some weird things with the codes and applied them differently for similar items. View attachment 768703View attachment 768704

That’s odd with the men’s swimwear. I wonder what Seaskin puts on their export docs. The first six digits are going to be the same. The undersuit should be thermal/insulated, like the base layers. Weird. Everything in the garment chapters has really high duty.

That’s odd with the men’s swimwear. I wonder what Seaskin puts on their export docs. The first six digits are going to be the same. The undersuit should be thermal/insulated, like the base layers. Weird. Everything in the garment chapters has really high duty.
Something like this?
Screenshot_20230209_160715_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230209_160738_Drive.jpg

You’re not a customs broker. Classifying stuff can be complicated as hell. The indents can lead you down the merry road to destruction. I’ve been doing this crap for nearly 12 years.

I was working from this page today.
View attachment 768730
I am not, it looks like something that would make me crazy. I would like to point out that from the looks of it these UPS employees aren’t customs brokers except in title.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom