Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The search is over. I finally found a drysuit that fits.

IMG_1890.JPG

Also had an issue with my Rolock 90's feeling tight. I put them on twice and they weren't in the right spot so I took them off, popped the ring out and rotated. Well each time I was putting them back on I was rotating the suit ring trying to turn them. Anyway, I just now wiped them down 100% and gave them a fresh coat of lube and all feels much better now (I think that was suggested by @lexvil ?)

Wanted to re-confirm this. The other day after I wiped down, lightly lubed, and left the gloves on the suit. This morning tried turning and they are smoother then they have ever been, I mean barely takes any effort at all, maybe just slightly harder than slicing through butter.

Maybe some dirt or fuzzies got in between the rings? The paper towel was slightly dirty but not outrageous. If I ever have any issues in the future this would be my go to fix, and may even be needed when the suit arrives as mine pretty much did.

Worth a shot.

Wanted to re-confirm this. The other day after I wiped down, lightly lubed, and left the gloves on the suit. This morning tried turning and they are smoother then they have ever been, I mean barely takes any effort at all, maybe just slightly harder than slicing through butter.

Maybe some dirt or fuzzies got in between the rings? The paper towel was slightly dirty but not outrageous. If I ever have any issues in the future this would be my go to fix, and may even be needed when the suit arrives as mine pretty much did.

Worth a shot.
Likely Swiss (over) engineering, to close tolerance designed for one certain lube. :wink:

Likely Swiss (over) engineering, to close tolerance designed for one certain lube. :wink:

I will never consider myself the brightest crayon in the box... always learning... but I was pretty surprised to find that after 4 dives (maybe 5 hours total) to find that there isn't an o ring in there?

Maybe this was talked about somewhere, but I didn't catch it.. I just assumed there was.

I will never consider myself the brightest crayon in the box... always learning... but I was pretty surprised to find that after 4 dives (maybe 5 hours total) to find that there isn't an o ring in there?

Maybe this was talked about somewhere, but I didn't catch it.. I just assumed there was.
In the locking groove area? I haven’t tested in, I may in the future when my pool warms up but I suspect the darn things may reasonably seal without the skinny o ring.

In the locking groove area? I haven’t tested in, I may in the future when my pool warms up but I suspect the darn things may reasonably seal without the skinny o ring.
Unless it was too dark in my house and I'm just missing it? I didn't see any o ring in the locking area between the 2 faces at all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom