Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So do you have to lean to one side or something to keep it from running down your leg?
I think you mean running down my leg when I go? I don't care. I'm either on my way to the water, on surface interval and going back to the water, or about to get out of it and wanting my bladder empty before the ride home. Regardless, once I disconnect I'm running steramine through it and that runs down my leg as well. When I get home I'm hosing the suit off.

UPS just sent an invoice for duty and taxes. $114.62 was my total. That’s not bad at all. I was pleasantly surprised. My suit has almost every option including the 250 undersuit
Is the estimate ship date match the ship date or they shipped your suit later? Also how long was your shipment with UPS?

I think you mean running down my leg when I go? I don't care. I'm either on my way to the water, on surface interval and going back to the water, or about to get out of it and wanting my bladder empty before the ride home. Regardless, once I disconnect I'm running steramine through it and that runs down my leg as well. When I get home I'm hosing the suit off.
Oh... the outside. That makes more sense, lol.

Yeah, Idc either. It's just a few drops and then flushed with something. I sue alcohol / water (like 10/90) in a bottle.

The P valve gets a dry break quick connect installed that once it's diconnected doesn't let anything come out of the suit side hose. The catheter and barb may have a little something left, but I try to shake that out on the back of the boat out of sight. (this is where I have to hide from @lexvil if he's on anywhere near:)) I start with it still connected and shake 97% into the p valve hose, then disconnect. You can use a towel to put under before you disconnect, I don't. If anything is left, it might be a drop.

I grab a squeeze bottle and put another barb into the suit side female end and flush out the p valve.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is
I think Litefoot is asking if you are peeing THROUGH the valve while on land, if you have to tilt or somehow maneuver so it doesn't run down the outside of your drysuit. I'd like to know too.

I think Litefoot is asking if you are peeing THROUGH the valve while on land, if you have to tilt or somehow maneuver so it doesn't run down the outside of your drysuit. I'd like to know too.

If you bend your leg to hold that foot up and make the outlet of the pee valve the lowest point on that leg, then when you pee through it, the pee will just run out and onto the ground rather than down the outside of your suit leg.

I usually just go stand in the water up to the pee valve. Or, climb down the boat ladder until I'm in the water that much. Or just jump in if surface air temps are warm.

Nope.. pee just runs down the suit. Don't worry, it'll get washed off pretty soon, lol.

I just let it go while staring my dive buddy deep into their eyes. Always makes for a wholesome awkward moment!

I just let it go while staring my dive buddy deep into their eyes. Always makes for a wholesome awkward moment!
I did that yesterday. Stepped off the concrete pad while we were going over a map and kept the conversation going. He stops talking and looks at me, then said "are your peeing while I'm talking to you"? I laughed and said you only wish you could. The joys of having a valve vs not having one.

You can also stand with legs a bit wider than shoulder width apart and it will pour out the valve and miss your leg if you care.

I did that yesterday. Stepped off the concrete pad while we were going over a map and kept the conversation going. He stops talking and looks at me, then said "are your peeing while I'm talking to you"? I laughed and said you only wish you could. The joys of having a valve vs not having one.

You can also stand with legs a bit wider than shoulder width apart and it is pour out the valve and miss your leg if you care.
I take more care if it's post dive, but no cares given pre dive, lol

Yes, that’s what I was asking. Thanks for clarifying that.

Back
Top Bottom