Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this how everyone gets there suit on? I don't think I've ever seen it done that way (not into watching a bunch of dudes dress either, so there's that:)). Makes perfect sense, I'll have to give it a try.

You told her actual amount of money?
Me neither.

I did, but I think I presented it as a birthday present to myself or something like that, I don't remember. And I bring it up quite often with a "it was a good move, do you know how much that suit would cost me today?" Lol

Is this how everyone gets there suit on? I don't think I've ever seen it done that way (not into watching a bunch of dudes dress either, so there's that:)). Makes perfect sense, I'll have to give it a try.
Considering he does it on a clean shop floor, sure, it works. I'd never drop my suit onto some crap that I kit up over.

Considering he does it on a clean shop floor, sure, it works. I'd never drop my suit onto some crap that I kit up over.
I'm either on a boat, or over a mat at the back of my car. I don't think I would turn it partially inside out over dirt or gravel, but his way does look like less stress on the zipper. What does everyone think?

Put it on like a pair of coveralls...

One leg at a time, shimmy up past the backside, slip suspenders on, tuck sleeves behind suspenders or into pockets until I feel like pulling the top on, connect pee valve. Boots go on so I can leave my clean/not sharp area mat and then check my kit, check pee valve for proper function. Left arm, right arm, head, both zips, suit crotch strap, hood, kit on, gloves and go.

I did, but I think I presented it as a birthday present to myself or something like that, I don't remember. And I bring it up quite often with a "it was a good move, do you know how much that suit would cost me today?" Lol
Try poking a little hole in a piece of paper and watch the guy dressing/undressing video that way, you’ll find it more familiar I bet :wink:

Try poking a little hole in a piece of paper and watch the guy dressing/undressing video that way, you’ll find it more familiar I bet :wink:
Lex, we talked about that. You weren't gonna tell anybody. Everybody has their kinks, beginning to feel like Louis C. K. over here:(

:):)

Does anyone fold them down like the dude does in the video? I always just kind of shimmied them up, feet in socks and boots on asap, then shimmy the rest up, but never rolled down. That looks easier I think?

Lex, we talked about that. You weren't gonna tell anybody. Everybody has their kinks, beginning to feel like Louis C. K. over here:(

Does anyone fold them down like the dude does in the video? I always just kind of shimmied them up, feet in socks and boots on asap, then shimmy the rest up, but never rolled down. That loos easier I think?
Just trying to help, I assume you’re off probation from “that time”?

I had never had enough issue putting on my suit to try the roll down part or the worry about the telescoping thing but it may be a good idea so I’ll give it a try next time, I would like to see him do it (not your idea of seeing :wink:) him do this with full undies on (also not what you’re usually looking for :)) the zip on my new suit is a bit shorter than the TiZip I put in the old one.

This is one of the pluses for RoLock gloves since I can leave them on, avoiding the sand and gunk getting into them while donning the bottom half of the suit and remove them just before donning the top, and put them back when doffing.

Does anyone fold them down like the dude does in the video? I always just kind of shimmied them up, feet in socks and boots on asap, then shimmy the rest up, but never rolled down. That looks easier I think?
Why though? Is it that much less work to condom your suit on/off than shimmy it over your backside? I'd think it's more work and more stress on the zipper than just stepping through.

This is one of the pluses for RoLock gloves since I can leave them on, avoiding the sand and gunk getting into them while donning the bottom half of the suit and remove them just before donning the top, and put them back when doffing.
You can do that with kubi as well.

Back
Top Bottom