Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can do that with kubi as well.
If they are that easy, which I don’t know since I haven’t used them, that maybe how some people have them pop off in use, I know it’s nearly impossible with the ultima, same design concept as the KUBI but obviously much different execution. I doubt I’ll live long enough to try the KUBI since I’m getting up there and I don’t know anyone locally that uses them. I wonder if they have thought of making a suit side ring that would fit the oval suit side, it would expand their market since I would give it a try.

I tried the method of donning/doffing in the video. Without your body in the suit, it’s a lot of work to roll it down. Maybe easier with practice. But when I doff the suit, it just slides down inside-out like in the video and is way easier getting my feet out of the neo socks.

If they are that easy, which I don’t know since I haven’t used them, that maybe how some people have them pop off in use, I know it’s nearly impossible with the ultima, same design concept as the KUBI but obviously much different execution. I doubt I’ll live long enough to try the KUBI since I’m getting up there and I don’t know anyone locally that uses them. I wonder if they have thought of making a suit side ring that would fit the oval suit side, it would expand their market since I would give it a try.
Come dive Puget Sound and I'll let you have a go at them. I may even have a few sites worth diving in mind.

This is one of the pluses for RoLock gloves since I can leave them on, avoiding the sand and gunk getting into them while donning the bottom half of the suit and remove them just before donning the top, and put them back when doffing.
I thought about that.
Why though? Is it that much less work to condom your suit on/off than shimmy it over your backside? I'd think it's more work and more stress on the zipper than just stepping through.
I'm not sure what "way" would be better. I like that the video might be less stressful on the zipper. I am super careful with my zipper, but there is some tension at the dock and I can see where the reinforcement has started to separate from the suit just a little. I'll try it and see.
You can do that with kubi as well.
🙄🤢

UPS just sent an invoice for duty and taxes. $114.62 was my total. That’s not bad at all. I was pleasantly surprised. My suit has almost every option including the 250 undersuit
So what was your total for just the suit?

What was your total all together (suit, undersuit, and I guess UPS charge).

Pee valve is way easier and you don't have to rush anything. Pee when you're gearing up by your car. Pee when you're chatting with your buddies or lined up for a post dive picture. Pee when you're in the water. If you're susceptible to random needs to urinate then you NEED a valve and not a zipper. The zip doesn't do a damn bit of good at 30 meters.

So do you have to lean to one side or something to keep it from running down your leg?

So do you have to lean to one side or something to keep it from running down your leg?
The P valve gets a dry break quick connect installed that once it's diconnected doesn't let anything come out of the suit side hose. The catheter and barb may have a little something left, but I try to shake that out on the back of the boat out of sight. (this is where I have to hide from @lexvil if he's on anywhere near:)) I start with it still connected and shake 97% into the p valve hose, then disconnect. You can use a towel to put under before you disconnect, I don't. If anything is left, it might be a drop.

I grab a squeeze bottle and put another barb into the suit side female end and flush out the p valve.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom