Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went outside in the cold and tried to don/doff the suit with the 150g undergarment and base layer. Seals and zipper were fine, but I struggled with getting the suit on/off my shoulders. The suit fits snugly, but I'm not too limber and I went through Christmas and Thanksgiving after measuring for and ordering it. So I'm carrying about 10 extra pounds. That's okay, I don't mind asking for help on the shoulders until I get back into shape.

I went outside in the cold and tried to don/doff the suit with the 150g undergarment and base layer. Seals and zipper were fine, but I struggled with getting the suit on/off my shoulders. The suit fits snugly, but I'm not too limber and I went through Christmas and Thanksgiving after measuring for and ordering it. So I'm carrying about 10 extra pounds. That's okay, I don't mind asking for help on the shoulders until I get back into shape.
Make sure that the telescopic strap is undone, that should ensure the shoulders can get up and over.

By the car is in the parking lot. I tend to wander away from my vehicle. In a shoot away from changing areas, who cares? On a boat or will get rinsed off if on deck, far worse things end up there and the boat gets cleaned daily.
The captain of the boat I'm usually on really doesn't like people peeing on his deck and he calls it out on every boat briefing. It's not a problem though because I usually don the suit within 10 minutes of splashing and during surface intervals the etiquette is to jump in the water and hang on the trail line while doing your business. During the summer I'm usually spending a bit of time in the water to cool down anyway so everyone remains happy.

A couple more observations which might be useful.
-As I mentioned before, the option to have a hole installed in the SS undergarment for pee valve tubing doesn't make sense if you have a valve semi-permanently installed on the working end of the tubing. The hole is too small for the valve to pass. As @Boarderguy has stated many times, run the tube through the zipper on your suit.
-I had a Trilobite holder installed on the left sleeve. It is super handy, but if you like to turn your suit inside-out for drying or to apply talc, the stiff fabric of the holster makes it all but impossible to turn that sleeve out completely. If your suit is tailored for big arms, that may not be an issue.. There is an option for installation on one of the leg pockets.
-I like that your original SS order number is stamped or written in several places on both the suit and the undergarment. I know it protects them, but it's nice that it's available just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom