Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good find on that site, thanks for sharing. I wonder what the heck is going on with Rolock. That's odd.
They, and the rest of the world, are finally accepting their demise. Substandard kits are going to the wayside.

They, and the rest of the world, are finally accepting their demise. Substandard kits are going to the wayside. that prices will never be the same and the only thing that you can buy is the overpriced, over exaggerated Kubi's
There, fixed it for ya!

If Kubi's wasn't so mind****ingly expensive I could get on board, but how much profit do you need to make on a hunk of metal? I get the R&D, and the niche market... but there's a difference between "honest pay" and "highway robbery".

There, fixed it for ya!

If Kubi's wasn't so mind****ingly expensive I could get on board, but how much profit do you need to make on a hunk of metal? I get the R&D, and the niche market... but there's a difference between "honest pay" and "highway robbery".
They're stupid expensive now. In 2022 when I bought mine it was only 220 GBP for the compete set...

Screenshot_20240227_082219_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20240227_082246_Drive.jpg

Wasn't someone complaining that rolocks were really expensive now? One big reason is that the Swiss franc is worth a lot right now, although apparently it's come down again compared to USD.

They're stupid expensive now. In 2022 when I bought mine it was only 220 GBP for the compete set...

View attachment 829056View attachment 829057

Only $280USD (with today's conversion rate which doesn't even touch what they currently cost)... gosh why not buy 2:rofl3:

That was highway robbery back then and it's worse now

Wasn't someone complaining that rolocks were really expensive now? One big reason is that the Swiss franc is worth a lot right now, although apparently it's come down again compared to USD.

@sail2steam posted drysuitspareparts.com where you can still get them for a reasonable price. I think it was 137.00GBP. ~ so $173USD with today's rate. That's not great, but the exchange has also gone up. 137.00GBP is reasonable.

Someone will come along and 3D print all this stuff and then it will be pennies on the dollar, lol

Only $280USD (with today's conversion rate which doesn't even touch what they currently cost)... gosh why not buy 2:rofl3:

That was highway robbery back then and it's worse now
And what was the full set (suit and glove side) cost for rolocks?

And what was the full set (suit and glove side) cost for rolocks?
My cost for everything (Sep 2022) was right around $170USD. PU rings glued suit and the Rolock 90 Kit to go with. Still dry, still going strong!:)

I have since spent any savings on other dive gear though:(

My cost for everything (Sep 2022) was right around $170USD. PU rings glued suit and the Rolock 90 Kit to go with. Still dry, still going strong!:)

I have since spent any savings on other dive gear though:(
It was ~$250 when I ordered mine and I've since used my expense to be cheap on everything else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom