Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was ~$250 when I ordered mine and I've since used my expense to be cheap on everything else.
You live in an area with a lot of machinists and machine shops I believe, I wonder what it would cost the have someone machine out the KUBI design in stainless?

You live in an area with a lot of machinists and machine shops I believe, I wonder what it would cost the have someone machine out the KUBI design in stainless?
The man hour cost would be the limiting factor. Measuring and building the spec sheet to follow and then machining it out would be costly. My company (aviation repair facility) has a machine shop and I don't think I could get them to do it for less than $150 since they're busy. I would also have to source an aluminum block of the right type.

The man hour cost would be the limiting factor. Measuring and building the spec sheet to follow and then machining it out would be costly. My company (aviation repair facility) has a machine shop and I don't think I could get them to do it for less than $150 since they're busy. I would also have to source an aluminum block of the right type.
Stainless would make it easier and maybe reduce the bulk a touch. The conceptual design is well proven and pretty straight forward, the size may keep it out of the typical home shop but it these could be cranked out for $150 the would probably sell well at $200/$225, make the suit end fit the siteck oval suit side rings and it would be even better.

Stainless would make it easier and maybe reduce the bulk a touch. The conceptual design is well proven and pretty straight forward, the size may keep it out of the typical home shop but it these could be cranked out for $150 the would probably sell well at $200/$225, make the suit end fit the siteck oval suit side rings and it would be even better.
I like this idea, but for what I / we do I'm not sure that the expense is worth it.. to 3D print in something like a heavy duty carbon fiber nylon would be almost as strong (stronger then we would ever need it) and would cost pennies to make. The o rings would cost more then the rings,.

To have someone local print a file wouldn't cost more than say $15-$20, everybody could do that.

I don't know if CF nylon would absorb water, but there has to be a strong filament that doesn't that would work.

I ordered a McMaster-Carr socket (5012K83: 1/4 coupling with 3/8 barb) and plug (5012K72: 1/4" coupling with 3/8" barb) to make a QD for my Trigon tubing. These were suggested in a couple of posts in this thread. The barb on the socket does not fit the tubing. The tubing is hard-wound plastic coated with rubber (edit: for the electricians out there, it's like Liquid-Tight). It has virtually no give, even after placing in hot water for a minute.

After fighting with it for a bit, I decided to look at the QD specs (above) and then measure the ID of the tubing which is 5/16". I cannot get a 3/8" barb to fit a 5/16" hole with no stretch. Looking at the M-C website it looks like I need a 5012K672 socket (5/16" barb), not 5012K72. The barb on the plug side (5012K83) looks like a good snug fit on the catheter.

I re-checked the socket model on the previous posts and either it is wrong or my tubing has a smaller ID or is less stretchy or I'm an idiot.

I ordered a McMaster-Carr socket (5012K83: 1/4 coupling with 3/8 barb) and plug (5012K72: 1/4" coupling with 3/8" barb) to make a QD for my Trigon tubing. These were suggested in a couple of posts in this thread. The barb on the socket does not fit the tubing. The tubing is hard-wound plastic coated with rubber. It has virtually no give, even after placing in hot water for a minute.

After fighting with it for a bit, I decided to look at the QD specs (above) and then measure the ID of the tubing which is 5/16". I cannot get a 3/8" barb to fit a 5/16" hole with no stretch. Looking at the M-C website it looks like I need a 5012K672 socket (5/16" barb), not 5012K72. The barb on the plug side (5012K83) looks like a good snug fit on the catheter.

I re-checked the socket model on the previous posts and either it is wrong or my tubing has a smaller ID or is less stretchy or I'm an idiot.
Those may be part #s I posted in the past. I have never used the hose that came with my Trigon, so…. My apologies.

Those may be part #s I posted in the past. I have never used the hose that came with my Trigon, so…. My apologies.
No apologies please. Those fittings are a great find! In looking at an older Trigon manual, it looks like I have a newer more robust tubing that is probably less forgiving of variations in barb sizes. I'll order the 5/16" barb socket and report back.

I ordered a McMaster-Carr socket (5012K83: 1/4 coupling with 3/8 barb) and plug (5012K72: 1/4" coupling with 3/8" barb) to make a QD for my Trigon tubing. These were suggested in a couple of posts in this thread. The barb on the socket does not fit the tubing. The tubing is hard-wound plastic coated with rubber (edit: for the electricians out there, it's like Liquid-Tight). It has virtually no give, even after placing in hot water for a minute.

I managed to get them to fit my trigon. Warm up the tube (I didn't) and spit on it. It took some effort but I made it work and it hasn't come off, ever. You may even try putting the male side in to give a bit more leverage.

Screenshot_20230315_172343_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I managed to get them to fit my trigon. Warm up the tube (I didn't) and spit on it. It took some effort but I made it work and it hasn't come off, ever. You may even try putting the male side in to give a bit more leverage.

View attachment 829131
Does your p valve tubing look like this or is it smooth?
IMG_1074.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom