Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I'm wondering... I have no idea what temperature water I'm going to need these undergarments... yesterday I was at 9celsius in 7mm and I was cold, so I'm sure I would have appreciated it then, but it was very hot out and donning all that undergarments, and then also the dry suit, and then the weights and then the BCD, ouf... how do you do it without dying.
You learn to wait until the last minute to fully suit up and then be very efficient at getting it on and closed up. What helps is if you can go and get in the water immediately after zipping up to cool everything off and then put your kit on. This is normally only an option for shore dives and if your buddies are slow. Depending on the site I'll hose myself off while waiting... hot and being in a plastic bag with thick pajamas on really does suck up top

Actually, I'm wondering... I have no idea what temperature water I'm going to need these undergarments... yesterday I was at 9celsius in 7mm and I was cold, so I'm sure I would have appreciated it then, but it was very hot out and donning all that undergarments, and then also the dry suit, and then the weights and then the BCD, ouf... how do you do it without dying.
I've dove with mine twice (third time tomorrow), so I'm by no means an expert like some people on here and there's always the standard answer of it depends on your cold tolerance, but I've been using this as my guide: https://fourthelement.com/brochures/temperature-layering-guide.pdf

Clip some stuff to my butt area instead of putting it in thigh pockets.

You must have a really big butt to do that. I didn't notice it last time we met, you hid it really well :)

Does anyone have any tips for checking a new Seaskin? I am of course going to put it on and look around for any issues, but I'm not sure how to tell if the measurements are right, or if I should do a leak test without going diving, etc. thanks!!

Does anyone have any tips for checking a new Seaskin? I am of course going to put it on and look around for any issues, but I'm not sure how to tell if the measurements are right, or if I should do a leak test without going diving, etc. thanks!!
Put it on with your base layer and undergarments on. Make sure you can bend and reach. It will feel stiff and snug at first until it's broken in. The waist should be a little bigger than you. Same with the legs and arms. Arm length will depend on of you had dry glove rings installed.

Back
Top Bottom