Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put it on and hit the inflator and wait. If it’s not blowing out where you can hear it, get back in the pool and look for bubbles.

Zipper pulled solidly down. Hair not in the neck seal. Neck seal not rolled or wrinkled. Wrist seals same as neck. Valves fully tightened...

Where did you feel wet first?
It leaked before my neck got in the water. Felt it at he waist. I first noticed it when my inflator valve went underwater. Maybe that's the culprit?
Put it on and hit the inflator and wait. If it’s not blowing out where you can hear it, get back in the pool and look for bubbles.
I def heard a his from somewhere as I got in the pool other then from my shoulder valve.
plug the wrist and neck seals with plastic bottles, fill suit with air, spray with soapy water.
That's an idea. I don't think it's like a small hole though.

I have a question about the neck seal and hoods, I got the Siflex seal with the quick neck system... I need a hood to go with this, and I'm wondering do I need a hood with the warm neck collar, or just a straight hood?

Warm neck color looks like this:

View attachment 842902

Straight hood looks like this:

View attachment 842903

If you're considering a MTM hood from Seaskin, mine was way too tight. I have to stretch the neck over a tank and the the hood with a basketball before each dive so it's usable. Of course, I have a large melon and thick neck. Others experiences with them may be different.

It leaked before my neck got in the water. Felt it at he waist. I first noticed it when my inflator valve went underwater. Maybe that's the culprit?
Inflator or zipper. I'd suspect the zip not being fully seated at the bottom or your inflator being loose. Take the inflator off and ensure nothing is between it and sealing surface. Next time you get in the suit pull the zip down firmly once you're at the bottom to ensure it is seated.

I def heard a his from somewhere as I got in the pool other then from my shoulder valve.

That's an idea. I don't think it's like a small hole though.

Take the inflator valve apart. Note if it's screwed together tightly when you unscrew it.

Make sure any gasket that is supposed to be there is in fact there.

Put it back together and make sure it's screwed together tightly.

Try again.

Put YOU in the suit, it will take a lot less air, this isn’t about that time it’s about next time, make sure the zipper is 100% closed as I suspect this is the problem, have someone take a look at the zipper, close the exhaust valve all the way and air it up. Unless they completely forgot to seal a seam it likely the zip.

Grey sweats will help locate where the leak is. Get in, get right out.

Put YOU in the suit, it will take a lot less air, this isn’t about that time it’s about next time, make sure the zipper is 100% closed as I suspect this is the problem, have someone take a look at the zipper, close the exhaust valve all the way and air it up. Unless they completely forgot to seal a seam it likely the zip.
I did this, became immediately clear that the neck seal was open. Once I fixed it up I blew up like a balloon! So yes, I'm an idiot but it's been a while since I dove dry and I totally forgot to check it. Next it's back to the pool! But I think it's gonna be fine.

I have a waterproof H1 7mm hood with a medium length bib. I tuck that into my warm neck. You can go with no bib or a shorter length one and be fine. The really long ones used by wet divers suck for diving dry and don't tuck well

What is "warm neck" is that a property of your neck, or is that a piece of equipment?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom