Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know anyone with a 3D printer and all my other hobbies cost too much to add 1 more toy lol
You ever need anything you let me know, I'll print it and send you a picture and let you know how well it works:)

Jk... I would mail it

I've also wore them around the house with the liners to stretch them out (like a lunatic my wife says).

Why don't you just buy ones that are the right size in the first place?

Do you also buy shoes that are slightly too small and then wear them around the house to stretch them out?

Lunatic.

Why don't you just buy ones that are the right size in the first place?

Do you also buy shoes that are slightly too small and then wear them around the house to stretch them out?

Lunatic.
Well @stuartv .. I was gifted / cursed with giant man hands. I wear XXL but they're still too tight. It helps to stretch them out🤣

edit: should add they only have XXL, nothing bigger, lol

Proposed shipping date: April 19, 2024. 86 days plus transit time, so right around three months for anyone keeping track of Seaskin production timelines.
Sounds like they're catching up a little, or seeing a post-holiday lull in orders. My proposed dispatch date was 90 days out for an order placed at the beginning of the month.

Anyone wonder how many dry suits this one thread has sold? I think they owe @stuartv Brand Ambassador recognition and a shiny new drysuit next time he needs one.

Sounds like they're catching up a little, or seeing a post-holiday lull in orders. My proposed dispatch date was 90 days out for an order placed at the beginning of the month.

Anyone wonder how many dry suits this one thread has sold? I think they owe @stuartv Brand Ambassador recognition and a shiny new drysuit next time he needs one.
When I talked to them on the phone a while back, I did mention that they were getting a lot of valuable exposure (no pun intended) on this forum and that they may consider (if they’re not already) becoming a sponsor.

Ordering a seaskin Nova suit soon and still have a few questions about the options. I will be diving in a range of temps but planning for the coldest temps which are 35-45F (2-7C). I have taken a course using a rented DUI suit with wet gloves but have never used dry gloves before. Would apprecaite help on questions and additional options.

Questions:
1) If I don’t select the ykk plastic dry zip is the default BDM brass toothed zip? I don't see anywhere to select a brass zip for a front zipper.

After reading a few hundred posts on here I'm still unsure of wheather to go with plastic or metal front zipper. Seaskin says "we still recommend the standard BDM brass toothed zip for most high performance divers." and but not sure if the YKK plastic zippers are better these days or what the real pros/cons list is for deciding this. Everytime I think I know which one to go with I read a post that changes my mind.

2) Seems many people like latex neck seals, is there a latex option for the Quick Neck system with Silflex seal? Other option is the HD Latex Neck Seal but that didn't look user replaceable which is something I want:

3) For those who have used the Kubi Fitted Dry Cuff System, would you still go this route?

Additional Options I'm more certain about:
-Fully telescoping torso
-Allowance for extra thick undersuits
-Main Body Dry Zip Cover
-Warm neck standard
-Kubi Fitted Dry Cuff System (80mm diameter ok?, check with 3D printing)
-Neo Kubi Ring Covers
-Move Dump (DIR)
-Compressed Neoprene Socks
-Aqualung Rock Boots EVO 4
-Kevlar Knee Pads
- PU Elbow Pads
- PU Crutch Reinforcement
-No reflective tap
-No Logos
- Change Mat Drysuit Bag Upgrade
-Name Badge

@brightnight

1) Yes. If you don't choose the plastic zip option, then you'll get a brass zipper.

I have or have had plastic zips on 4 suits and have a brass zip on 1 suit. I WISH I could have gotten plastic on the one suit that has brass.

2) I have never seen anyone use a latex neck seal with a Quick Neck (or similar) system. I find silicone to be WAY more comfortable. And neoprene even more so. But, if you really want latex, I do think you can get that to fit a Quick Neck.

3) I have Kubis on one current suit, neoprene wrist seals with no glove rings on one current suit, and the Slaggo system with Ultima rings on my third suit. I have no regrets on the Kubis. They are awesome. But, I cannot say that they actually WORK better than the Ultimas. They are just nicer. Less bulky. Either one is a fine option. It's really down to your budget.

@brightnight

I wish I had the plastic zip. That option got omitted from my final build because I forgot to check it.

Silicone seals are the cats meow for comfort and sealing vs latex.

Kubi rings are stupid simple and work. I wouldn't go to a plastic ring system after having had Kubi. They come with thin gloves that give great dexterity and feeling, but have long fingers. I just put Showa 66os on mine and they were fantastic on my dive today.

Drop the crotch and elbow reinforcement. Not needed at all.

Your LDS should have a kubi ring sizing template if they sell them. Ask and see what size you are. I wear a M/L work glove and fit the 90s well. 80s were rubbing quite a bit.

Did you get custom colors or are you black on black on black?

I was gifted / cursed with giant man hands. I wear XXL but they're still too tight. It helps to stretch them out🤣

edit: should add they only have XXL, nothing bigger, lol

Your LDS should have a kubi ring sizing template if they sell them. Ask and see what size you are. I wear a M/L work glove and fit the 90s well. 80s were rubbing quite a bit.

I was curious about this as well. Based on the template and watching the Seaskin video, I ordered the 90mm rings. It also said my hand width required XXL gloves, which seemed excessive, especially since that was measuring my bare hand. I usually wear a large in mechanic’s type gloves. Does KUBI’s template build in the assumption that you’ll wear some kind of liner?

Back
Top Bottom