Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure people can do it without the tool. It just makes it so much easier. I keep it in my little red Kubi bag together with the gloves.
I just picked up a pair of Showa 660s from my lds, didn't even know they had them. The fabric lining requires these be rolled "inwards" so the o-ring is a pain in the butt. Still doable with some effort and cursing until you figure it out. I like the very easy unlined gloves...

20240124_164510.jpg
20240124_164743.jpg
20240124_164518.jpg

I just picked up a pair of Showa 660s from my lds, didn't even know they had them. The fabric lining requires these be rolled "inwards" so the o-ring is a pain in the butt. Still doable with some effort and cursing until you figure it out. I like the very easy unlined gloves...

View attachment 823105View attachment 823106View attachment 823107
I don't think I've ever used a glove that wasn't lined... they're supposed to be warmer yeah?

I remember Seajay (RIP my friend:() saying he'd wear the 720's down to about 55F without liners (although it was a working dive).

I don't think I've ever used a glove that wasn't lined... they're supposed to be warmer yeah?

I remember Seajay (RIP my friend:() saying he'd wear the 720's down to about 55F without liners (although it was a working dive).
The gloves that come with kubi are unlined and quite thin. I'm a "one with substrate" type of diver so I'm surprised they lasted this long. We don't have hard corals or pretty things to avoid touching so idgaf.

20240124_170200.jpg
20240124_165041.jpg

I use the same gloves that originally came with my Kubis.

$4 a pair and they last me a loong time. I generally don't touch "stuff", though.

I think that the 720's I dive are just about perfect. I can dig around with them for oysters for at least a few months worth before they get a pin hole, and usually I can patch that (as long as I can find it).

They probably don't have as much dexterity, but I lose that with the thick liners I wear anyway.

If I come across a pair of yours I'll give them a shot.

I think that the 720's I dive are just about perfect. I can dig around with them for oysters for at least a few months worth before they get a pin hole, and usually I can patch that (as long as I can find it).

They probably don't have as much dexterity, but I lose that with the thick liners I wear anyway.

If I come across a pair of yours I'll give them a shot.
I'm torn between the XL I bought and installed and going down to a large. I may get a pair when I drop off tanks Friday just to try them. At $11/pr it won't hurt my feelings to be wrong and have the back ups.

I used mine for about a year before they gave up.

I'm torn between the XL I bought and installed and going down to a large. I may get a pair when I drop off tanks Friday just to try them. At $11/pr it won't hurt my feelings to be wrong and have the back ups.

If you're talking about the 720's they have a little bit of a break on period. After a few dives with new gloves they stretch some.

I've also wore them around the house with the liners to stretch them out (like a lunatic my wife says).

Wow, something in Switzerland that's cheaper than the US? No ******* way! I paid around $5 for mine

Ok you're way more man than I am. I gave up after like 5 or 10 minutes of cursing. If you have access to a 3D printer, I can't recommend the previously linked tool enough.

If you're talking about the 720's they have a little bit of a break on period. After a few dives with new gloves they stretch some.
Showa 660s. Short fingers
Ok you're way more man than I am. I gave up after like 5 or 10 minutes of cursing. If you have access to a 3D printer, I can't recommend the previously linked tool enough.
I was sitting on the couch while my son played call of duty and waiting for the wife to get home. Glove o-ring inside, hold that in place and work the damn thing around while cursing because I wasn't nimble enough. I ended up grabbing a small clamp to hold the starting point in place and it was a breeze.

I don't know anyone with a 3D printer and all my other hobbies cost too much to add 1 more toy lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom