Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You want Kevlar written in large letters?

Other then that, great suit. I got Rolock 90's, zipper pockets, and LM p valve.. other then that same suit (even down to the black / orange). Love my suit... sometimes I wish I knew what Velcro zippers felt like on it, but zippers are fine.

What did your total come to in USD. I'm just curious if they've gone up in price anymore.

I just really love Kevlar, what can I say? 🤣 1991 was a heck of a year. Marvel's One Hit Wonders: Nomextra and Kevlor - Nerds on Earth

I haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but it came to just under $1,400 when I test built it a couple days ago.

I don't think I would get the neo covers for the Kubi rings. I don't see where they add any real value and I think they would just make the process of donning dry gloves that much more tedious.
Covers give a nice soft layer between the AL ring and any other surface. They are 1 more thing to do with don/doff, but isn't an issue in my experience. I roll them back before I put my gloves on and then roll forward once the ring is seated. They roll off just as easily when doffing.

I don't own Kubi's so no dog in the fight. @Boarderguy swears by them and the covers and this member is having issues with the rings wearing through their SS suit (without covers, not sure if that would help or not).

I saw that. Not sure what to think since I don’t have enough experience with drysuits to know what I’m really looking at in her photo.

From the info that exists on the internet, there isn’t a serious trend of KUBIs causing this wear pattern, which suggests it’s due to something done by the suit manufacturer (one-off or repeated) or the end user. No way to really manage that risk other than keeping an eye on it, I guess.

I don't own Kubi's so no dog in the fight. @Boarderguy swears by them and the covers and this member is having issues with the rings wearing through their SS suit (without covers, not sure if that would help or not).

Interesting thread. I don't have wear like that on my suit. But, she has a lot more dives on hers than I have on mine.

I still wouldn't bother to get the neo covers. :)

Interesting thread. I don't have wear like that on my suit. But, she has a lot more dives on hers than I have on mine.

I still wouldn't bother to get the neo covers. :)
How fast can you change Kubi's if needed? Honest question. I have zero experience with them, they look nice though.

My Ultimas were a real bitch to swap, I'd shutter at trying to do them on a boat. My Rolock 90's are easy as can be. I actually hadn't changed a glove in a while and really forgot how. Got a pin hole when the water was in the 40's so it had to be swapped. Took me longer to dig the spare gloves out then it did to do the swap. Even the other people on the boat were asking about what system it was. Less than 3 minutes once I had them both in front of me.

How fast can you change Kubi's if needed? Honest question. I have zero experience with them, they look nice though.

My Ultimas were a real bitch to swap, I'd shutter at trying to do them on a boat. My Rolock 90's are easy as can be. I actually hadn't changed a glove in a while and really forgot how. Got a pin hole when the water was in the 40's so it had to be swapped. Took me longer to dig the spare gloves out then it did to do the swap. Even the other people on the boat were asking about what system it was. Less than 3 minutes once I had them both in front of me.
About 2 minutes if you've done it before. Pull the outer o-ring, pull the locking ring, pull glove o-ring, pull glove off, reverse. That's from memory but should be about right.

My Ultimas were a real bitch to swap, I'd shutter at trying to do them on a boat. My Rolock 90's are easy as can be. I actually hadn't changed a glove in a while and really forgot how. Got a pin hole when the water was in the 40's so it had to be swapped. Took me longer to dig the spare gloves out than it did to do the swap. Even the other people on the boat were asking about what system it was. Less than 3 minutes once I had them both in front of me.

Change a glove? 2 or 3 minutes. They’re way easier than the Ultimas.

Speaking of changing gloves I need to do that. Managed 2 holes in my left thumb at the end of a 45 min dive in 48° water last week... put the ring/glove on my work bench and walked away lol. Going out Thursday so it would be helpful to do that soon.

That water is freaking cold when you suddenly get wet fingers and wrist.

Speaking of changing gloves I need to do that. Managed 2 holes in my left thumb at the end of a 45 min dive in 48° water last week... put the ring/glove on my work bench and walked away lol. Going out Thursday so it would be helpful to do that soon.

That water is freaking cold when you suddenly get wet fingers and wrist.
Was diving last season in ~ 38-39F. I got a pin hole in my thumb and from that point until I got back on board my thumb went completely numb. Felt like pins and needles until it went numb. Just a reminder of how freaking cold the water really is! In my suit on a working dive like that I'll actually sweat and can forget, but not that day. Was brutal.

So I'm assuming you guys are running some type of string or straw under your wrist seal so you equalize your dry gloves with the suit. When you get one of those "refreshing" glove holes, how are you avoiding also getting a trickle down your arm too? Does it just happen slow enough with a pinhole in the glove it doesn't matter? Do you knot the string or bead the tube in your glove so you can work it free from the wrist seal with the glove in place?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom