Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never tried the neoprene neck, but it looks interesting. Maybe I should try one out. Do you have a link for a good place to get one that fits the quick neck system?
I have one of these but haven’t tried it

I have one of these but haven’t tried it
Just by looking at them is there likely to be a significant difference between the two?

Just by looking at them is there likely to be a significant difference between the two?
The aqualung has a skirt , the part that the lock ring holds, that appears to be latex and the waterproof is neoprene bonded to fabric like a wet suit, I bought the AL because it is a lot cheaper to have sitting around as a spare, it been a while and the waterproof ones are still going strong.

Do the silicone Waterproof seals also work with the Si Tech neck and wrists, or just the neoprene one? If so, that could allow for more local replacement options.

Do the silicone Waterproof seals also work with the Si Tech neck and wrists, or just the neoprene one? If so, that could allow for more local replacement options.
You can just order 3-4 sitech seals from Seaskin at a fraction of the cost and they'll get here in a week. It's a good idea to have at least a couple extras on hand. Shipping on small orders is less than £10.

Got my order confirmation today for both suites. Another question;

I wear size 13-14 US shoe. I put my shoe size as the 48.50 because the next lowest was 47.4 or something and I hate having my shoe be too small. I’m starting to think I went too big though.

However I only ordered the compressed neoprene socks, no shoes. Do people think they use the foot size for making the socks and only use the shoe size when ordering shoes? Since I have no shoes ordered won’t matter?

Got my order confirmation today for both suites. Another question;

I wear size 13-14 US shoe. I put my shoe size as the 48.50 because the next lowest was 47.4 or something and I hate having my shoe be too small. I’m starting to think I went too big though.

However I only ordered the compressed neoprene socks, no shoes. Do people think they use the foot size for making the socks and only use the shoe size when ordering shoes? Since I have no shoes ordered won’t matter?
When you entered your foot length in centimeters, did you bump that up too or give them the actual measurement to the closest centimeter? They did mention they started asking for foot length as an extra check because there was some confusion in the past about EU shoe sizes. Obviously you don't want the neoprene socks to be folded and floppy, but they're going to be sizing them so you can get some wool socks inside for warmth. The specific advice given for shoes was to enter your EU shoe size as-is, and if you're on the border, like a size 48 and their options are 47-48 and 48-49, choose the 48-49. If I understand correctly, they're using the foot length measurement to make sure it's in the same neighborhood as the shoe size provided, and if not they'll reach out and ask for clarification. General consensus from everyone who got a well-fitting suit was just provide the measurements exactly as in this guide and they size the suit from the shoes to the shoulders to be able to fit you while wearing some insulation. How to Measure Yourself for a Drysuit/Gloves/Hood - Seaskin Drysuits

I'm no expert though, I just ordered my suit recently and hoping it fits as well. I read all 276 pages of this thread though and have stayed in a Holiday Inn express. Wouldn't hurt to follow up with a call or email and let them know that on the last box of shoes you bought it had "XX" for the Euro Shoe size, in case that doesn't match what you provided.

Yes I followed the guide exactly. I gave the exact foot measurement and rounded shoe size up. It’s just that the various guides on the internet differ in translating a US 13-14

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom