Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time to email them and include a picture of your suit with those hideous logos on it.
I think I screwed up. Reviewing the order confirmation, I don't see no logos. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, the shop I DM for was already not happy that I didn't order a DUI. But it is worse with these massive logos. What is SeaSkin thinking with the over the top logos.

On a separate note, I the undergarments I ordered definitely isn't, and doesn't match the suit measurements. They sag 6" at the crotch and there is a huge amount excess material in the butt. Which is shocking because the suit from the same measurements fits nicely in both those areas.

I think I screwed up. Reviewing the order confirmation, I don't see no logos. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, the shop I DM for was already not happy that I didn't order a DUI. But it is worse with these massive logos. What is SeaSkin thinking with the over the top logos.

On a separate note, I the undergarments I ordered definitely isn't, and doesn't match the suit measurements. They sag 6" at the crotch and there is a huge amount excess material in the butt. Which is shocking because the suit from the same measurements fits nicely in both those areas.
That sucks. I think I've only read one other post about undergarments not fitting right. If I remember correctly they did fix it but was a hassle.

Maybe the logos can come off with heat? Or are they sewed on?

That sucks. I think I've only read one other post about undergarments not fitting right. If I remember correctly they did fix it but was a hassle.

Maybe the logos can come off with heat? Or are they sewed on?
I think the other undergarment complaint had the exact same issues as I do. I'll have to look it up.

One logo is a SeaSkin shoulder patch since I didn't order a custom one. That is sewed on, but isn't that outrageous. The others look like they are silkscreen printed and huge, except the stitched "Kevlar" on the knee pads which is small.

ETA:
2.5"x5" logo on right chest. 1.5"x3" logo on each pocket AND each sleeve.

I think the other undergarment complaint had the exact same issues as I do. I'll have to look it up.

One logo is a SeaSkin shoulder patch since I didn't order a custom one. That is sewed on, but isn't that outrageous. The others look like they are silkscreen printed and huge, except the stitched "Kevlar" on the knee pads which is small.
Get larger DUI patches to go over the logos:) everybody wins.. you pay less for the suit, the shop can push their crap.

Get larger DUI patches to go over the logos:) everybody wins.. you pay less for the suit, the shop can push their crap.
I'll see if I can find some big enough, :rofl3:

Actually a very good idea if I can find some. Thanks!!

Or maybe just some other decoration to go back to logo free, if not as clean looking as I planed.

I'll see if I can find some big enough, :rofl3:

Actually a very good idea if I can find some. Thanks!!

Or maybe just some other decoration to go back to logo free, if not as clean looking as I planed.
FWIW, I think that sucks, but at least you have options.

I really like not having logos, but I'm a jeans and plain tshirt kind of guy.

If you do go the DUI route I can only imagine how that interaction will go when you run across a die hard DUI disciple:)

A hair dryer and a plastic putty knife and lift those nasty things off... I can't believe they're putting that many logos on it lol. seems like you forgot to tell them no "kevlar" on the knee pads as well. I don't know why that is even a thing

Order placed 1-8-2024
Acknowledged 1-10-2024
Right up until I started typing this, I thought they were proposing a dispatch date of 5/4/2024. I figured we were now looking at almost 4 months backlog, disappointed but excited. On further review, the order date on the invoice is listed as 8/1/2024, so the day and month are flipped versus how we note dates over here in the land of the free. Yeah! Less than 3 months till I'm diving dry.

A hair dryer and a plastic putty knife and lift those nasty things off... I can't believe they're putting that many logos on it lol. seems like you forgot to tell them no "kevlar" on the knee pads as well. I don't know why that is even a thing
I thought no logos would cover the knee pads, but when I screwed that up, I screwed it all up. Next time, I'll be much more careful. I really like the suit itself.

I might try the hair dryer, but they seem too thin for that to work.

Back
Top Bottom