Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My undersuit was a terrible fit. Seaskin were fantastic and refunded me the cost as they weren't able to alter it.
I have a Waterproof Nord 200 now which is a great fit.

My undersuit was a terrible fit. Seaskin were fantastic and refunded me the cost as they weren't able to alter it.
I have a Waterproof Nord 200 now which is a great fit.
It seems odd that they seem to be able to make a suit that fits, but sometimes not an undergarment. I would think the undergarment would be easier. But I see more reports of undergarment problems than suit problems.

It seems odd that they seem to be able to make a suit that fits, but sometimes not an undergarment. I would think the undergarment would be easier. But I see more reports of undergarment problems than suit problems.
From what they've told me, they make the undersuit to the dimensions you provide for the dry suit. Mine wasn't a great fit at all. The Waterproof Nord is much better quality too. I might invest in a Santi 190 as the Nord is a bit too warm in summer. I generally dive 6 - 14 Celsius and no longer than 50 minutes per dive so the Nord is perfect even in 6 degrees.
I've the Waterproof Ultima DGS fitted to mine but have been considering Rolock 90s

After reading some of the mixed reviews on this thread on the seaskin undergarment fitment, I opted to just go for the base layers and I'm going to go for a couple of the more expensive insulation layers that it seems like most people end up with anyway. I'm thinking that a decent option might be to use the Seaskin base layer, and for 40-60 degree water go with something like a 1pc 4E Halo AR (yeah, like $700, yikes, glad I saved a bundle on the trilam!), and for like 60+ degree water go for like a top and bottom Waterproof Meshtec 3D set? Fit is still a big concern though, I have a longer torso and shorter legs. Do you take your best guess and order from an online shop that has a good return policy or take a (long) drive to a brick and morter that has some size options in stock?

Its a shame, if the undergarments sold by Seaskin turned out to be a better fit in the crotch area, getting them MTM would be the cat's (and diver's) pajamas.

After reading some of the mixed reviews on this thread on the seaskin undergarment fitment, I opted to just go for the base layers and I'm going to go for a couple of the more expensive insulation layers that it seems like most people end up with anyway. I'm thinking that a decent option might be to use the Seaskin base layer, and for 40-60 degree water go with something like a 1pc 4E Halo AR (yeah, like $700, yikes, glad I saved a bundle on the trilam!), and for like 60+ degree water go for like a top and bottom Waterproof Meshtec 3D set? Fit is still a big concern though, I have a longer torso and shorter legs. Do you take your best guess and order from an online shop that has a good return policy or take a (long) drive to a brick and morter that has some size options in stock?

Its a shame, if the undergarments sold by Seaskin turned out to be a better fit in the crotch area, getting them MTM would be the cat's (and diver's) pajamas.
Fwiw, my undergarments fit fine, but I don't use them (I should give them another shot!). I use 4E Halo or Arctic depending on temp. I also have had really good luck with regular thermals from Amazon. They're like $30 for the set and a nice wicking layer, to me even more comfortable than the SS base. The inside is lined with fleece and very soft. To me the SS base felt clingy, the Amazon stuff is tight but doesn't feel clingy. I think @lexvil suggested it.

Everybody really is different, what I love about the drysuit is over time I've amassed a nice little wordrobe to go under that suits me pretty well.

Fwiw, my undergarments fit fine, but I don't use them (I should give them another shot!). I use 4E Halo or Arctic depending on temp. I also have had really good luck with regular thermals from Amazon. They're like $30 for the set and a nice wicking layer, to me even more comfortable than the SS base. The inside is lined with fleece and very soft. To me the SS base felt clingy, the Amazon stuff is tight but doesn't feel clingy. I think @lexvil suggested it.

Everybody really is different, what I love about the drysuit is over time I've amassed a nice little wordrobe to go under that suits me pretty well.
Do you have a link for the Amazon thermals?

Do you have a link for the Amazon thermals?
I have ordered a few sets, I think this is my favorite. The link isn't working, but if you search this is should pop up

"

Rocky Thermal Underwear for Men (Long Johns Thermals Set) Shirt & Pants, Base Layer w/Leggings/Bottoms Ski/Extreme Cold"​

I may just delete the 150g undergarment from my order. I mean the whole attraction, for me, was the MTM aspect. It sounds like they may be using measurements to send a generic size like S/M/L/XL etc. But they’re not truly MTM. Maybe I’ll call and ask that question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom