Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just received my date for completion. 2/16/24. I guess I have to use my 7m wetsuit this weekend.
TBH, I do not envy any of you. You are still feeling fine waiting, but once that delivery date gets closer......impatience will start to bite.
BTW, all of you should expect that date to slip by about 2 weeks. If you can push it to 4 now, you will feel better later on.

How accurate is the date they give? mine is 1/5/24, and I'm trying to figure out my winter diving.

TBH, I do not envy any of you. You are still feeling fine waiting, but once that delivery date gets closer......impatience will start to bite.
BTW, all of you should expect that date to slip by about 2 weeks. If you can push it to 4 now, you will feel better later on.
I've stated it before a lot, so this isn't directed at you personally... but I'm always a bit taken back by just how impatient some of you gents are? Who cares if it's 3 or even 4 months without a suit... most of us have been diving without a M2M suit our whole diving career, lol.

Sit back, relax.... it gets there when it gets there. Personally I would prefer it if time would slow down, I feel like it's moving way too fast here lately. I can't believe I've almost had my suit for a year. I think the research, the ordering, the hitting the "buy" button, then the anticipation is all apart of it... enjoy it all as much as you can because the day the suit leaks (any suit, not just SS) is also approaching just as fast.

Relax:).... just my 2 bubbles. Again, no offense.

There aren't that many things I get excited about. My Seaskin suit was one of them
Touche:)

Just fyi though... excitement and patience can exist in the same person at the same time! I was stupid excited to have ordered one... but I can't say I was ever impatient about it, lol

If I'm being really honest though I have a lot of experience... you try sitting through your kids games allllllll weekend long knowing that Sunday afternoon every damn one of those little bastards gets a trophy... THAT'S patience, lol. Waiting for the suit was a cake walk.

I've stated it before a lot, so this isn't directed at you personally... but I'm always a bit taken back by just how impatient some of you gents are? Who cares if it's 3 or even 4 months without a suit... most of us have been diving without a M2M suit our whole diving career, lol.

Sit back, relax.... it gets there when it gets there. Personally I would prefer it if time would slow down, I feel like it's moving way too fast here lately. I can't believe I've almost had my suit for a year. I think the research, the ordering, the hitting the "buy" button, then the anticipation is all apart of it... enjoy it all as much as you can because the day the suit leaks (any suit, not just SS) is also approaching just as fast.

Relax:).... just my 2 bubbles. Again, no offense.
My current suit started leaking (needs a new zipper) just after my order. I'm making do with a 7mm through the winter, of coarse I'm impatient :)

I have the neoprene socks, warm neck, and the Kevlar knee pads for the reason Stuart pointed out. Didn’t see the need for more reinforcements and don’t miss it so far. I use a hanger with a computer fan on it, so drying goes really quick without the need to turn things “inside out”.
I am currently looking at ordering a Nova, I just wanted to reach out and ask if you are still happy with your Seaskin, Thank you

I am currently looking at ordering a Nova, I just wanted to reach out and ask if you are still happy with your Seaskin, Thank you
I don't believe anyone here is "unhappy" with their Seaskin. They last for years and hundreds of dives. A few of us would change the way we had it configured, but most are very happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom